• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

- TMPS/Sals Speed Shop Private Track Day - 1/4

TR3MOR

Emilio :rock:

This is an invite to all WS members and friends who would like to attend a private 1/4 Mile Track Day. We will have a day to ourselves at the track. It will be either sat-sun TBD. This will be a family day as well, you can bring your family and friends to come watch and enjoy the day of racing with us.

ohhyeah.jpg

Date and time TBD around Aug-Oct: We are looking to have a date later in the year. We hope to have at least 100-150 cars racing. The price range we are looking at to do this private track day is around $100 dollars. <--Not 100% confirmed yet.

This thread is to get a list going to see how many people would like to attend this event. If everything goes as planned we will re:invite the people who make it to this event for future private track days. We plan on inviting vendors as well for this event. If the price is too much for you, please consider saving up for this event. It will be worth it, we will work hard to make this event a great experience for everyone.

Here is original thread on TMPS:

http://themustangpitstop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1379

WS Members committed:

Tommy
1WKDRSH
DSGimportslayer
HisPony
Red
Sdsubzero4
Yosemmidysam
Lightning Bullit
gmantheman

Thank You

Jose Chavez

Xodus989

If you dont mind me asking, what would we get out of this private day than a normal day? And maybe it's just me, but it looks like you'll be bringing in 13,000->15,000 dollars as far as entries. What all does the money go to, are there any prizes for certain things? Pots? Just wondering!
Thanks

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
If you dont mind me asking, what would we get out of this private day than a normal day? And maybe it's just me, but it looks like you'll be bringing in 13,000->15,000 dollars as far as entries. What all does the money go to, are there any prizes for certain things? Pots? Just wondering!
Thanks

Its not cheap to rent a track for private event. Plus a private day will be limited to "invites" only and no outsiders will race that day. So, basically, run as much as you want or as much as your car can handle. And the only people you will deal with are people you know and friends. So instead of getting maybe 4 runs on an open track day, you can probably triple your runs and still have time for breaks and allow for your car to cool or adjustment.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
im in i will have a new toy come race day so no 98 on the track here is a link to the soon to be toy i already gave him a deposit so the car is practically mine till i come up with the rest....

spdpilot

I think this is a great idea and you guys know me and racing.

I just see a lot of open ends on this and I am confused about the money.

The thing is, putting an event together in this way means that alot of people with drop out before it ever happens and because money is tight, it falls apart.

Everyone is "tentative" on attending. And there are no dates, deadlines etc.

I would suggest whoever is the leader on this get a date from the track. Then ask the track what the DROP DEAD date is for getting the money to them to lock in the Race Date.
Set the Drop Dead date to collect the money from people who say they are going to attend. Set the Goal. If the Goal is met, the track is paid. If not you can either set a new date or drop it all together.

I cant RSVP on an unknown. And I can't ask people I know to RSVP on an unknown.

If we really are all going in on the Private Track Rental together, then some one should post up the actual costs and goals to make it happen.

For the moment, I don't see it all coming together. People don't get serious until they have to put up money. Start a Fund/Pool with deposits which are refundable. Kind of like running a charity event. Sell tickets. Don't depend on people showing up with cash in their hands. You could do a $50 refundable deposit with another $50 due by Goal Date or a few days before the track has to paid. They should also make a limited number of spots for racing. You get more then 150 racers and you won't get more then 8 runs in. Last time there, 300 racers and we got 3 runs in. I would recommend 100 spots max.

TR3MOR

We 1st wanted to see if we could get 100-150 interested in this event.

I hope to have a date/final figures for everyone soon. Sal is also helping me, some of you might know him.

Ill keep everyone posted.

Thank You

spdpilot

We 1st wanted to see if we could get 100-150 interested in this event.

I hope to have a date/final figures for everyone soon. Sal is also helping me, some of you might know him.

Ill keep everyone posted.

Thank You

That makes sense, I guess I just maybe thought it was more serious. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I have just seen so many great ideas go to waste and I think you are on to something here.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems also that this may not even be something at Fontana, that maybe somewhere up north at a different track. If I read that right from some of the posts from over there.

Tommy

That makes sense, I guess I just maybe thought it was more serious. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I have just seen so many great ideas go to waste and I think you are on to something here.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems also that this may not even be something at Fontana, that maybe somewhere up north at a different track. If I read that right from some of the posts from over there.

Fontana is the goal