• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tow Hitch

Xodus989

Has anyone put a hitch on a mustang? After noticing Paul has a tow hitch on his video, I started looking around for hitches online. I'd like to get one to be able to tow my jet ski to and from the bay during the summer. I really don't want to kill how the car looks though. So Im thinking maybe I can get a tow hook to keep in the hitch when it's not being used...

So has anyone used hitches on their stang, and how bad does it look?

Paul Huizenga

Pull out the drawbar on mine and you don't even know it's there.

780336f8.jpg

Link to the installation article:
http://techweasel.blogsome.com/2009/05/11/the-war-wagon-ii-electric-boogaloo/

Xodus989

Ah wow, I can get my dad to get the hitch and get it installed for practically free too... What's the towing capacity for a mustang?

Im not sure how much this weighs, but I would tow it from Santee to mission bay, and that's about it...

l_0b45923d2c7f487c9787acaa9347083e.jpg

Paul Huizenga

The hitch I have is rated at 200 pounds tongue weight and 2000 pounds total trailer weight. Your towing capacity will depend on how much other stuff you have in the car.

I would say though that based on how easily and safely my V6 pulls my trailer, I wouldn't be too nervous about hauling a single PWC trailer like that with a V8.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I would tow nothing bigger than a single jet ski with a Mustang. They really are not designed to tow. The bigger problem while towing is stopping. If you were pulling anything heavier then you would not stop and could become over powered by the weight of whatever your pulling.

Xodus989

I would tow nothing bigger than a single jet ski with a Mustang. They really are not designed to tow. The bigger problem while towing is stopping. If you were pulling anything heavier then you would not stop and could become over powered by the weight of whatever your pulling.

That's all I would ever tow. We have a mini-van and my dads truck for when we all want to go out.