• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Turn Signals

WoundUpWindsorBoi

So i recently came across a 91 hatchback. It needs things here and there but the biggest issues bothering me is not having turn signals. I have power where it should be the the flasher doesnt make a sound. I started hunting around and by the end of the day i had no turn signals or wipers. Now i have the wiper issue fixed i just need some help with my turn signal issue. Any ideas guys?

M

Mustangcwo

There is a flasher relay. It is located behind the glove compartment on the left side. The original part is light blue, Wagner 224.Turn signal flasher. I removed the glove compartment door to get at it.

WoundUpWindsorBoi

thanks ill check that out and get back with you to let you know. im just trying to get loose ends on it tied up so i can swap out the motor and get a little more power. I should have it all finished by mvtw. i want to have both my hatchs there to represent

M

Mustangcwo

Was it light blue and Wagner 224 written on it?

Secondly, did you test the bulbs to ensure they are good in front and back?

Lastly, the control lever is notorious for going bad.

IDEA!!! Turn on the signal and test the voltage at the light socket. If you hook up a test light, it should blink.

WoundUpWindsorBoi

no im guessing it had been replaced. funny thing is why i was playing with it and had the dash out i switched the white/pink wire(hazard flasher power) with the light blue from the turn signals. i did this in the back of the hazard switch on the dash and yturned the hazards on and it makes the turn signal flasheer blink. So im thinking maybe a bad ground? I want to try everything cheap before i try the mfs it self. Ill give a shot at your other ideas . Your really helping me out alot todd thanks man. It will be amazing when i get this figured out.

M

Mustangcwo

The mfs is very expensive. If you found a way to make them function, then you should figure it out soon. Check all your grounds on the front first, they are not protected like the rear grounds.