• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Welcome KNOHEA

mrswickedstangs

Welcome KNOHEA,

Welcome to Wicked Stangs Nationwide Mustang Forum. Make Sure to log in and update your profile info, so you can benefit from all the great features of our Mustang Forum... Start a New Thread and Post a little something about yourself and get some pics of your ride up.. .And again welcome...we hope you enjoy it here on our board.

CHECK OUT OUR HELP SECTION LINK ABOVE

KNOHEA

Hello all,
I am Knohea from San Diego, Ca. New to WickedStang but looking forward to many discussions on topics pertaining to my 2010 Mustang Gt (5sp mannual). Photos to be uploaded soon.

KNOHEA

So far for upgrades: 20 inch wheels, Borla Axle-back stingers, KN Air intake (untuned). Want to do 3.73 Gears and JBA Headers (street legal) with SCT Tune or Dyno Tune. Any advice on which to do 1st or alternatives would be most helpful.

So far for upgrades: 20 inch wheels, Borla Axle-back stingers, KN Air intake (untuned). Want to do 3.73 Gears and JBA Headers (street legal) with SCT Tune or Dyno Tune. Any advice on which to do 1st or alternatives would be most helpful.

Well I have the same car pretty much. The shorty's from Pertronix/JBA are legal i have a set yet to install. I would get the tuner as the performance you will feel immediately followed by the gears. The headers I would save for last as the gains may or maynot be large enough to be worth all the hassle unless you got other things you are planning in the vicinity of the headers at the same time. (Reason mine aren't installed yet) Long tubes give you a punch but I am unsure of thier C.A.R.B. status not sure if they fell in with the shorty cert or not but I doubt it. Anyone with info on that please chime it anytime.

KNOHEA

Appreciate the input. I thiink I will do gears 1st and use the tuner (SCT) to adjust my Speedo and increase performance. I have been pricing those JBA Shorties and was told that I should purchase the ceramic coated ones to reduce heat within the engine compartment. The natural finish ones are cheaper but was told that they may lose their shape and leak due to high heat exposure. comments please.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Definitely ceremic. I wish I had put the ceremic in instead of the regular ones. Mine is not warped or anything, just don't care for the rusted look that the ceremic ones don't have. But the ceremic ones do disicipate heat a lot better.

KNOHEA

Definitely ceremic. I wish I had put the ceremic in instead of the regular ones. Mine is not warped or anything, just don't care for the rusted look that the ceremic ones don't have. But the ceremic ones do disicipate heat a lot better.

Appreciate the feedback on your headers. Do you they sound better than stock? From what I have read, they have a throattier sound to them. I have borla stingers on mine and I was wondering what type of tone I would get with the upgraded headers.

northerncountry

When I got my Shorties with SLP loudmouths I didn't have as much pop when I got off the throttle as much and it was smoother sounding As far as the power punch I really didn't feel a huge difference.

I agree. I have the Silver Ceramics.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Appreciate the feedback on your headers. Do you they sound better than stock? From what I have read, they have a throattier sound to them. I have borla stingers on mine and I was wondering what type of tone I would get with the upgraded headers.

Definitely a lot deeper and sound way better then stock.

KNOHEA

Just got my gear swap done; from stock 3.31 to 3.73s. Love it. Found a shop here in San Diego who did a excellent job at a affordable price. Looking to do headers next. Anyone know if I would be able to sell my OEM gears (22k on them)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
put it on craiglist and see. But I don't think the demand is out there for 3.31. But put it out there and see what you can get.

Just got my gear swap done; from stock 3.31 to 3.73s. Love it. Found a shop here in San Diego who did a excellent job at a affordable price. Looking to do headers next. Anyone know if I would be able to sell my OEM gears (22k on them)

Out of curiousity how much was the charge for the gear swap?

KNOHEA

Got my gear swap done at PROGEAR in Kerny Mesa $320.00 included oil and modifier. Got my gears from American Muscle $159.00