• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Welcome Will Swartz

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome Will Swartz,

Welcome to Wicked Stangs Nationwide Mustang Forum. Make Sure to log in and update your profile info, so you can benefit from all the great features of our Mustang Forum... Start a New Thread and Post a little something about yourself and get some pics of your ride up.. .And again welcome...we hope you enjoy it here on our board.

CHECK OUT OUR HELP SECTION LINK ABOVE

Will Swartz

So... the car is acting up a little, something to do with the fuel system. I don't know if it's the pump or what. I've had my 06 GT (Saleen supercharged) for about two weeks now, and for the second time, this morning was a hard start. Started alright, but then she stalled, and didn't want to fire back up. Finally got her running again by stomping the gas while cranking, then holding it about half way down to keep it running. After about 2 or 3 minutes, she ran fine, like nothing had happened. Any ideas? I did notice, when I put the ignition on, but not started, the pump turned on, and I heard what almost sounded like air behind bled out of the fuel lines, then the pump stopped as I know it's supposed to. So, once again, ideas as to what's going on?

northerncountry

Will I would say your injectors are clogged or it could be possible that you got something nasty in your tank. to check I would replace the fuel filter and see if that helps!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Will, first of all, it was good meeting you yesterday.

I agree with notherncountry. Clean your injectors and fuel filters first to see if that will correct your problems. Then work your way up as you diagnoise possible issue.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
So... the car is acting up a little, something to do with the fuel system. I don't know if it's the pump or what. I've had my 06 GT (Saleen supercharged) for about two weeks now, and for the second time, this morning was a hard start. Started alright, but then she stalled, and didn't want to fire back up. Finally got her running again by stomping the gas while cranking, then holding it about half way down to keep it running. After about 2 or 3 minutes, she ran fine, like nothing had happened. Any ideas? I did notice, when I put the ignition on, but not started, the pump turned on, and I heard what almost sounded like air behind bled out of the fuel lines, then the pump stopped as I know it's supposed to. So, once again, ideas as to what's going on?
Were you at the track yesterday? Then its your fuel pressure regulator..

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Will Swartz

I was at the track yesterday, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I've had the issue once before, before I went to the track.

Will try some fuel injector cleaner and a fuel filter.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Check your fuel pressure sensor. I had the same issue