• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1990 Mustang LX coupe

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
He is adding a turbo to the car.

Glad to see the build is still moving along nicely. I'm looking for an engine build myself and I need to go and visit Greg at TPR.

infidel

A few pics of the engine compartment getting welded up, I think I am going to go ahead and paint the car black after all. I have 5 more day to decided. They are going to weld it all up, smooth it out and paint it. I cant wait.

infidel

They are from Scott rod, they fit awesome with just a tad bit of trimming the body shop told me. I will be ordering the piece above the radiator and for the cowl next. I am super stoked on the outcome.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I just ordered the aluminum interior panels for the race car from these guys...great stuff.

infidel

I have looked at those for a while and I have seen pics of them installed. Good choice man, I am sure they are going to be great. I want to order quite a few things from them for the interior but I have decided I am going to go with a black tweed interior for the car. I used to have a minitruck that had tweed and I freaking love the look. I will probably never build another mini (even though I drive a ranger on 20s now that I want to bag and body drop) and can probably never afford to build an old hot rod so I figured I would do it to this car.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Scott Rod sure puts out some nice panels, looking good. I just put some Scott Rod door panels in the Race Car today...awesome fit.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
More nice work. I need to clean up the electrical on my car, it looks so clean!!!!

Sticking with the gear slammer...YOU ARE THE MAN.

infidel

Well I finished with the Drill Field (successfully) in January and found out shortly after I would be heading overseas again for a few months so after a few training exercises at 29 palms I was able to strip the car in order to take to the body shop. Here are the things they will be doing while I am gone.
1. Paint the car all gloss black (plus body work will be super straight)car, jams, under trunk lid, under hood, core support
2. Shave wiper arms
3. Shave antenna
4 Rhino Line the complete interior very soft and glossy texture as I will not be running carpet. The existing deck will be completely stripped before rhino lining.
5. Rhino Line trunk
6. Mount front mount intercooler

I will be picking up the car when I get back and will dive back into it. just thought I would share for now. See all you gentlemen upon return.