• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1WKDRSH DATALOG

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Alright everyone Albert sent me his datalog and got to look at it.. I noticed his fuel trims were not switching and they were constant positive number.

Albert.JPG

Consistent Positive or Negative Fuel Trims
If the engine starts poorly when cold and the STFTs show a positive trim at idle, suspect the fuel pressure regulator is failing to maintain a proper fuel rail pressure. In this case not enough petrol is being injected into the inlet to provide a good combustion - the engine will often struggle to start and the STFT will continue to swing to positive trims at idle.

He has replaced it and he sent me a new data-log file and it looks much better... Fingers crossed he will be checking it out in the morning...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
FRPT.JPG

Engine.JPG

FRPT2.JPG

TESTING..
    1. Inspect the fuel rail pressure sensor vacuum hose between the intake manifold and the fuel rail pressure sensor for air leaks and correct connection.
    1. Turn the key off.
    1. Remove the vacuum hose from the fuel rail pressure sensor. Inspect the fuel rail pressure sensor and vacuum hose for traces of fuel.
    1. If fuel is found replace the fuel rail pressure sensor.
    1. Turn the key off.
    1. Connect a 5 amp fused jumper wire between the Pin 1 on the sensor harness side and Pin 3 on the harness side of the fuel rail pressure sensor.
  1. If the voltage greater than 4.5 V- replace the fuel rail pressure sensor.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I had my original one so I put it on. The one that was on the car had a rattle in it when I took it off.stockFPR1.JPG FPR1.JPGFPR2.JPGFPR3.JPG

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Well I changed it out and the data log looks good. It started right up too, but the real test will be in the morning when it's freakin super cold out. Thanks for the help Emilio.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Well it started right up this morning with no problems. The idle was good. When I get home from work I am gonna take it for a ride and see how it runs.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Well it started right up this morning with no problems. The idle was good. When I get home from work I am gonna take it for a ride and see how it runs.
Send me a third gear pull see how your running

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I should buy the software and start doing mail order tunes:)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I drove the stang into work this morning and kicked a code P0172 (oxygen sensor in bank 1 detected a rich condition (too little oxygen in the exhaust). I am going to clear the code and put in my other tune back in and see what happens on the way home. Emilo I data logged it and will again this afternoon so I will be sending you 2 files tonight.