• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2010 Ford SHO Test Drive

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Today, I went to test drive the new Ford Taurus SHO and it is a big improvement from all the luxury cars ford has to offer. The ride was very quite and confortable and of course the horsepower was awesome for a family sedan.

10132009047.jpg

The model I tested was advertised at MSRP 45,000. Ford did alot to the new Taurus, by adding alot of luxury features both driver and passenger side power seats, they also come with 19" wheels and rear camera. The new Microsoft SYNC system is awesome compared to the earlier years.

10132009049.jpg

10132009055.jpg

When I placed the car in REVERSE the screen in the front dash would change so I could see where I was backing up into. Pretty neat feature.

10132009058.jpg

10132009060.jpg

There is no more need for a key it is push start button now and the Taurus come with paddle shifters which worked pretty well. In the manual position I was able to redline until I hit one of the paddles to shift gears. One more feature that caught my attention was the built in Radar System. When in cruise control it senses the change of speed of the vehicles in front of you and you do not have to use the resume or accelerate or decelerate buttons.

10132009066.jpg

The New Navigation System allows you to change views to anything you want.. I was in the BIRD's EYE View..

10132009061.jpg

Overall the car is very nice and ride better than the SHELBY. The acceration is fun to have and will make for competition.. I give it 3:thumb::thumb::thumb: of 5

FOR MORE PICS

Attachments

• 10132009056.jpg
    10132009056.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,534

BetaMale

Looks great, I think its going to be a sweet car but I have no clue what Ford is thinking with a $45k automobile in this recession. Yuppies who have that kind of cash and are in the luxury market simply want the name of BMW or Benz.

I would love to have a SHO but don't think this will be a hit for Ford.

blue boss

Saginaw Texas
Test drove one at the auto show. Very impressive. Not to fond of the paddle shift though. Nice car to have for the family car.