• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

98 Mustang GT with a 3.4L Whipple?!?

navyellis

Alright guys, so the project is just about finished. The final finishing touches are being done on the car (getting the hood to fit right). I feel its time to let the whole world know. Over the past 5 years or so I have been upgrading my stang to be able to handle some serious power. For anyone who knows mustangs, you probably know that the worst possible years to buy are the 96-98 with the non-PI heads. Anyway, over the years I have built up the bottom end with all forged internals, topped that with some patriot performance heads and comp cams. Then we went and upgraded the transmission from the crappy stock 5-speed to an epic T-56 Magnium from D&D performance. After that was done we knew that with a lot of power, you will also need a lot of breaking...For that we turned to Baer for their pro+ 14" rotors with 6 piston calipers. Finally, after all the years...lots and lots of money, and also quite a bit of time we have installed the 3.4L whipple supercharger. It has been a totally custom job, the whole fuel system is brand new, and lots and lots of wiring changes. It's been Dyno'ed and its loud as well...really loud. Over the last few months most people have been saying that it simply isn't possible. Let me tell you know, anything is possible... It just takes someone with a crazy idea and someone that is amaizingly skilled. So a big thank you to Greg Rentis at CCC motorsports in San Diego for the awesome job on the install and all the custom work! Here is the proof that it is and was possible. Please check out the link, comment, like, and subscribe for more videos to come!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Alright guys, so the project is just about finished. The final finishing touches are being done on the car (getting the hood to fit right). I feel its time to let the whole world know. Over the past 5 years or so I have been upgrading my stang to be able to handle some serious power. For anyone who knows mustangs, you probably know that the worst possible years to buy are the 96-98 with the non-PI heads. Anyway, over the years I have built up the bottom end with all forged internals, topped that with some patriot performance heads and comp cams. Then we went and upgraded the transmission from the crappy stock 5-speed to an epic T-56 Magnium from D&D performance. After that was done we knew that with a lot of power, you will also need a lot of breaking...For that we turned to Baer for their pro+ 14" rotors with 6 piston calipers. Finally, after all the years...lots and lots of money, and also quite a bit of time we have installed the 3.4L whipple supercharger. It has been a totally custom job, the whole fuel system is brand new, and lots and lots of wiring changes. It's been Dyno'ed and its loud as well...really loud. Over the last few months most people have been saying that it simply isn't possible. Let me tell you know, anything is possible... It just takes someone with a crazy idea and someone that is amaizingly skilled. So a big thank you to Greg Rentis at CCC motorsports in San Diego for the awesome job on the install and all the custom work! Here is the proof that it is and was possible. Please check out the link, comment, like, and subscribe for more videos to come!

saw this car there and Greg was tuning it... Lots of work looks good.

Ford1288

Donator
Awesome car man, it's nice to see something different. What did it put down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navyellis

Awesome car man, it's nice to see something different. What did it put down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far...it has put down 573rwph and 670 lb-ft of torque. thats on 91 octane and 17lbs boost. I think he said he was going to do a race gas tune as well...we'll see though.

navyellis

Welcome to the area, you should bring her out to the Speed Engineering Dyno Day may 11th in Fresno.

Thanks for the welcome Renegade! Sorry I didn't make it out I just saw the post today :/ The car should be back up here in the next couple of weeks I'm thinking. Then we need to have a get together, cruise or something! Somehow promote the centeral valley chapter!

Renegade

Scott shut the hell up. Stop talking bad about shops when all your bad "luck" has been your own damn fault.