• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

De-bugged the tune and got better numbers

fangs99

Well I had a bad O2 that needed to be changed and the tune was way rich and had a lean spike at throttle tip in. So I got Brad at XXX to adjust the tune.... It drives like a dream now... Instead of the turbo feeling like an on/off switch at 4,000 rpm and old dog lazy out of boost, this motor feels strong then the transision into boost is 100% smoother. Before I would see 1-2 lbs of boost at 3,600-3,800 rpm now I see 1-2 psi at 2,800rpm and the candle really lights off at about 3,500 now.

My new numbers now are 635 rwhp 606 rwtq SAE.

seahawksax

I wish! One day I hope

2005 Tahoe LT ( family truck)
1993 camaro Z28 super charged (sold)
2000 mustang GT supercharged (sold)
2006 mustang GT with a $9,800 build list ( taking donations :) )

fangs99

Ok... So maybe 2 of us out of the whole club.... There's got to be more... Sounds like a new thread topic... I'm sure boostedmach has a 700+hp street monster he's not telling us about.

Ford1288

Donator
Oh yeah, forgot about him. I can't think of anyone else, used to have a GT in NC that was doing a sick turbo build but he hasn't been on the site in awhile. Next one to get it will probably be the GT500 up in Washington.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Your going to need more than that little KB to make 600 rwhp on pump.

Oh, I know that. Plan is to build the motor, forge and stroke out. But that is way down in the future when the $$ is better. Turn up the boost and see where it goes.

fangs99

My turbo is a Precision 76mm. The power flaten out at 6K because of the non-ported stock runner intake... If I went with a shorter runner intake, power would keep climbing.

fangs99

This combo isn't trying... Next is a meth kit & 16 lbs of boost should be about 750 rwhp then.