• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Electrical Issue with a 88 5.0

wickedbird

I need some help, I got a 88 5.0 that I just picked up and I have a little issue. The windows, wipers, horn, radio doesn't work. My lights, door chime, and locks work. I checked the fuses and they are good. Could it be a bad ignition switch? All of those don't work unless you turn the switch on (except the horn) thats why I am thinking that. Anyone have any ideas?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I need some help, I got a 88 5.0 that I just picked up and I have a little issue. The windows, wipers, horn, radio doesn't work. My lights, door chime, and locks work. I checked the fuses and they are good. Could it be a bad ignition switch? All of those don't work unless you turn the switch on (except the horn) thats why I am thinking that. Anyone have any ideas?
I don't think its an ignition swith Sounds like a Relay. I am looking for the problem right now..

wickedbird

So I bought a ignition relay but could not find where it goes. I thought that I found it under the dash but it was not it. Also my electric fan isn't working. The one thing I hate is messing with electrical sh*t.

Ford1288

Donator
With the fan, get power directly to it. If it turns on then the fan is good but relay/controller/wiring is bad. If it doesn't turn on with direct power hooked to it then replace the fan.

wickedbird

With the fan, get power directly to it. If it turns on then the fan is good but relay/controller/wiring is bad. If it doesn't turn on with direct power hooked to it then replace the fan.
I got the fan to kick on with direct power. The fan is wired through the ingnition system so that's why I am thinking that it has something to do with the ignition system.