• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Feb 18, 2012] Barona Test & Tune (Lakeside, CA)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
NEXT RACE: FEB 18-19, 2012

NEXT RACE: SUMMIT SERIES 1 & 2

TEST & TUNE GAMBLER GRUDGE
SATURDAY and SUNDAY, FEB 18-19, 2012

ALL CARS WELCOME! TEST and TUNE LANES OPEN ALL DAY!

SUMMIT TEAM - EARN YOUR BONUS POINTS!!
Summit Classes: SuperPro, Pro, Sportsman, Motorcycle & High School

SUMMIT RACE ENTRY FEES (paid in tower)
SuperPro: $50 each race
Pro: $40 each race
Sportsman: $30 each race
ProBike: $25 each race

In 2012, NHRA Summit Series racers will be charged a one-time fee of $40.00 for Summit Series Points.
Racer joins the team race #1 100 Bonus Points
Racer joins the team race #2 75 Bonus Points
Racer joins the team race #3 50 Bonus Points
Racer joins the team race #4 25 Bonus Points

Other SCHEDULED RACES:
$20 GAMBLER
RUN FOR THE MONEY $20 entry, closest to dial-in without going red or under WINS (50/50 split)
$1 NOVICE GAMBLER
Jr. GAMBLER if enough Jrs. show up!

ALL CARS WELCOME!!!! TEST & TUNE LANES OPEN ALL DAY!!

SPECTATORS and CREW $10 each day, YOUTH $5, UNDER 10 FREE!!!
RACERS $40 (each day - includes Tech card and gate)

GATES OPEN at 8 am, TECH open at 9 am
FIRST CAR DOWN THE TRACK AT 10 am

CHECK the SCHEDULE for CHANGES!!! Summit races 1 & 2 moved to Feb 18-19

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I plan on running the 18th. I need to get the red mustang on the track and see what she has left in her. The engine is getting tired quickly, but I want to end her life on the track...if it's going to happen. Time to cut my best times!!!!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I'm not sure if I can go Saturday. My roommate is throwing me a birthday bash on the 18th. I was planning on going on Sunday. But we will see.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Is anyone else looking to race at this event?? If you can only go on Sunday, I may just wait and join you. There will be less cars and less waiting!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Is anyone else looking to race at this event?? If you can only go on Sunday, I may just wait and join you. There will be less cars and less waiting!!!

Yeah, I'm going on Sunday. Saturday I have my birthday and will be crazy up there. Let me know what you decide.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
I want to come out sun to hangout with u guys but I may be spending another weekend working on the 5.0. It may be my last weekend on it. We will see tho. I miss being at the track.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Alright, if its not raining tomorrow, 2/19, I'm going to be up at Barona. I'm going to try to be up there by 8am.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
We can meet at Dennys at 745 am for an immediate roll out. I want to be there by 8am.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Dave (2k7gtcs) and I went out today. Turned out to be a pretty decent day of racing despite the clouds and a bit chilly. I end up making 10 passes and Dave winning the Novice Gambler, congrats to Dave.

My best run of the day was:

RT: .489
60ft: 1.87
ET: 8.07
MPH: 87.98

2K7GTCS

Fun Fun Fun! It was a great day for me, as all 4 of my passes were quicker than my previous best time at this track!

r/t 60ft 330ft 660ft mph
11:45 -0.144 2.001 5.656 8.662 83.787
1:15 -0.066 1.969 5.604 8.605 83.871
2:15 0.097 1.989 5.633 8.643 83.677
2:45 0.321 1.992 5.646 8.659 83.509

Since there were very few racers, the hardest part was being patient and letting the car cool down between runs. I'm still using street tires, and these were my first sub 2 second 60 ft's. Unfortunately, the booth didn't have the timeslip for my best run, so all I have is a hand-written note. :)

Danny and I raced each other in the Novice Gambler. It was a very close race, as I won by less then .05 seconds. At least we didn't lose to the stupid Golf Cart!!

I think the only thing I might change for MVtW is to install the aluminum driveshaft, to try and zero in on the 8.5 second class...