• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gears!

DapperGTBen

Looking for mustangcwo since I have heard many great things about you:p looking into getting some gears for my car 08 gt manual. I want 4:10s but would 3:73 be better? and also want help getting them installed!
Thank you for reading !

Ferocious

Chula Vista
I need new calipers installed on the front of my car so if we have another install day at the hobby shop count me in.

And fwiw, I love my 4.10s, but most people will recommend 3.73s in a manual, especially if you do alot of freeway driving.

50hhh

Looking for mustangcwo since I have heard many great things about you:p looking into getting some gears for my car 08 gt manual. I want 4:10s but would 3:73 be better? and also want help getting them installed!
Thank you for reading !

I have an 06 GT manual trans. And I asked Todd the same question if you don't want 4:10's just keep what u have cause I believe u have 3:55's stock so going to 3:73's is not really gonna make a difference. But you can double check with Todd again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northerncountry

Ok fellas what do you plan on doing with your car? Drag, road course street or a mixture of all? If your doing a mix I would say go with 3:73 also do you plan on boosting the car? If so you will have a hard time h0oking up with 4:10's I have had all gears boosted and none boosted. I loved my 3:73 Whipple 06 vert but in the long run it all boils down to what do you want.

DapperGTBen

just want my car mostly for drag. And sometimes if I wanna get my bitch sideways but mostly for drag I don't care about my mpg really although I do both highway and streets but I get 20mpg right now with my 3:55s
Ps no gears for now as someone side swipped my car last week and maybe even totaled it we will see I take my car in Tuesday to see if fixable... Sucks :/ looks bad hit me right between my door and quarter panel and bashed in pretty good... But if they don't total it and fix it I will be ordering my lowering springs and gears within the month or 2 so looking for a shop day soon please ! Within end month of before middle of august ?

DapperGTBen

It does suck so there fixing it be done 2 weeks or so! So time save! But anytime in august after 4th shop day please or anything ! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 109