• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Headers?

JuanTCantu

JT THE 1
Donator
Which type of headers should I get for my 89 LX 5.0 ? Should i get short headers or long tube headers, which is better?

northerncountry

for headers in Cali you only have one choice JBA shorty's .... E shoot up the link and get this man a great deal!. what other mods do you have? cold air intake, tune, axle back, Cat back exhaust? if you don't have any of these start with these first before your headers.

northerncountry

for headers in Cali you only have one choice JBA shorty's .... E shoot up the link and get this man a great deal!. what other mods do you have? cold air intake, tune, axle back, Cat back exhaust? if you don't have any of these start with these first before your headers.

northerncountry

yes to both they will free up about 10 hp and 15 tq roughly some more some less but thats around the basline. As for sound you wont have the popping wen you decelerate because the exhaust is flowing smoother but as for loudness it will stay about the same

Frye011

Donator
Haha!!!! I like the loudness all my buddy's in ga all have full exhaust with no cats.... It's Amazing lol

northerncountry

shoot if I was back in wisconsin I'd have the same. but I do like the sound of my Spintech's and most that hear mine like it too.

Mrs V.I. Massive

Frye011 said:
im in California. is there anything i can do headers wise?

From my underdtanding in Cali JBA Shorty headers are NOT Carb legal yet for stangs newer than 2006. Hopefully they will be soon!!!!