• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How much $$ for a dyno tune?

BD MACH

Just curious what you think it will cost me to get my stock '03 Mach 1 dyno tuned @ DMP before I call him about it...

AND...
...would it even be worth it ???

thnx!

02gt

Would it be worth it? Would the (stock) car gain much?

if your rolling in stock trim, i would wait until you get some intake/exhaust mods for your self, he can adjust the air/fuel ratio based on the mods, if you get a tune just the way it is, you may need it retuned so you can correct the air/fuel ratio, but it is worth the extra doh for a custom dyno tune....

BD MACH

I'm pretty happy with it in stock trim and don't have any plans to modify the power train for a while, if ever. I am going to upgrade the clutch & shifter soon, but that's about it.
There's something to be said for leaving well enough alone.
The Mach 1 is a great car out of the box. It's not like it's a stock GT or something begging for more power...
I've been down the 'start modifying things & open a can of worms' trail before, so I know how that works.

That being said, I want to make it as strong, healthy & reliable as possible in stock form. And it seems like a good dyno tune would help accomplish that without spending more $$ on a bunch of bolt-ons.

I'm still open to opinions though...

02gt

I'm pretty happy with it in stock trim and don't have any plans to modify the power train for a while, if ever. I am going to upgrade the clutch & shifter soon, but that's about it.
There's something to be said for leaving well enough alone.
The Mach 1 is a great car out of the box. It's not like it's a stock GT or something begging for more power...
I've been down the 'start modifying things & open a can of worms' trail before, so I know how that works.

That being said, I want to make it as strong, healthy & reliable as possible in stock form. And it seems like a good dyno tune would help accomplish that without spending more $$ on a bunch of bolt-ons.

I'm still open to opinions though...

Since you put it that way yes a tune will kick ass for your car, well worth the expence....

BD MACH

Thanks guys. I've been doin' the off-road / jeep thing for a few years now and the Mustang / hot rod thing is still new to me, so I've got a lot of new things to learn.
I -am- enjoying it though.
And I do appreciate the good people on this site...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Would it be worth it? Would the (stock) car gain much?

If you get a tuner it will have a small tune for being stock and will be a nice upgrade... You can always save the tuner for later when the modding begins...:rock:

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i vote INTAKE/ EXHAUST/ GEARS/ TUNE. thats still reliable for daily driving, and you will see a huge improvement over a stock mach1

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
id say get an SCT xcal 2 programer, itll come with a box tune. Then get exhaust, gears, intake, then get a custome dyno tune. Youll be amazed with the results.

BD MACH

fwiw - I have another reason to keep my costs down and keep the Mach stock-ish....
...it's nicknamed 'coyote' ... :rock:

time to start saving my pennies now...

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
fwiw - I have another reason to keep my costs down and keep the Mach stock-ish....
...it's nicknamed 'coyote' ... :rock:

time to start saving my pennies now...

it'll be no where nead stock then. That new 5.0 motor seems bad arse. But id rather have a modded mach 1, Maybe even one supercharged before id want that. If they come out with a 2011 or 2012 grabber blue mach 1. That might change my mind. Id just buy that car.

BD MACH

it seems the proper thing to do would be to keep the Mach as a collectible and buy a 2011/2012 coyote GT (or Mach or Boss or whatever they come out with...) to play with...
That's the plan, and that's why I don't want to (or need to) modify it too much...

Callipjm

Newbie here. My Mach 1 has K&N FIPK2 and MagnaFlow Magna Pack exhaust, would a good tune help? Still running the stock settings. Thanks, Josh