• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I couldn't sleep so I pulled my engine and trans

Tommy

I decided to time myself and see how long it would take me to remove my engine and tranny, in preparation for my upcoming AFR heads and Holley intake.

I started a little after 9pm

DSC05974.jpg

At 9:55pm it looked like this

DSC05976.jpg

At 11:37 pm I had the T5 out (had to get long tube headers off first :nonono: )

DSC05977.jpg

At 12:51 am it looked like this

DSC05978.jpg

DSC05980.jpg

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Your crazy Tommy!!! LOL J/K. I bet you couldnt sleep because you were thinking about ripping that eng and tranny out. All nighters in the garage kick ass (last time I did one was my whipple install)!! I cant wit to get off this ship and continue modding my car. I would comment on your pics but I cant see them from the ships computer...

DrunkFatguy

Crazy.. I don't think so. I've been kept up at night just because I couldn't wait to measure a bearing clearance or some small bit of tech that eluded me. A true Gear head that bleeds ford Blue if you ask me!

Tommy

Your crazy Tommy!!! LOL J/K. I bet you couldnt sleep because you were thinking about ripping that eng and tranny out. All nighters in the garage kick ass (last time I did one was my whipple install)!! I cant wit to get off this ship and continue modding my car. I would comment on your pics but I cant see them from the ships computer...

Well, partly true :rofl:

I am anxious to get the heads and intake in there, but I also have a buyer around noon on Sunday for the GT40 heads!!! That money is greatly needed for more parts :cheers:

Crazy.. I don't think so. I've been kept up at night just because I couldn't wait to measure a bearing clearance or some small bit of tech that eluded me. A true Gear head that bleeds ford Blue if you ask me!

ABSOLUTELY!

now you gotta do like Fangs and i do and tear the motor down until nearly 3am

well I'm right there with you guys LOL! It's almost 3am and the engine is all torn down to just the short block :rock:

Within the next few weeks, it will be a whole new beast :D

Renegade

Well, partly true :rofl:

I am anxious to get the heads and intake in there, but I also have a buyer around noon on Sunday for the GT40 heads!!! That money is greatly needed for more parts :cheers:

ABSOLUTELY!

well I'm right there with you guys LOL! It's almost 3am and the its all torn down to just the short block :rock:

Within the next few weeks, it will be a whole new beast :D

well congrads, i hope the new motor EXCEEDS your expectations :rock:

ears

them long tubes are a biatch!!! that is for sure! without a doubt!

motivating though! very impressive. i cant wait to get home so i can see the pics!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Good work Tomas! The long tubes are only a pain because you don't have a tubular k-member. All that will change here soon and you will be able to pull them out easily from the bottom of the car. :)

Get it all cleaned up and ready for the AFR's!! and the rest of the parts :evil:

Tommy

Good work Tomas! The long tubes are only a pain because you don't have a tubular k-member. All that will change here soon and you will be able to pull them out easily from the bottom of the car. :)

Get it all cleaned up and ready for the AFR's!! and the rest of the parts :evil:

well, its a pain in the arse in the passenger side because of the smog tubes and a/c can on the firewall. But that won't be a problem anymore after this :wink:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
well, its a pain in the arse in the passenger side because of the smog tubes and a/c can on the firewall. But that won't be a problem anymore after this :wink:

Be sure to throw that stuff in a box and put it on a scale. It's always nice to know how much weight you shaved. :)

M

Mustangcwo

Nice work Tommy. You have me worried now. Guess I'll have to get my tuning software together and start leaning and meaning my car. Nice work and I know how it is when you're moding a car...time is irrelevant.

M

Mustangcwo

Looks like there might be quite a few foxes and GT's out-running the Slowbras at MVTW. We'll have to look at 7sec and 8sec trophies and see who is hoisting them.

ears

not gonna be me!!! ill have to lay low... dont wanna shoot the sh*it out of the tranny...... but...... mark my words.... the slowbra will be there. maybe not takin any trophies... but it will be there. if it has to be on a tow truck it will be there!