• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Legal street race style drag racing at Buttonwillow!

SIC FIDDY

Copied from Cencal.

CalSpeed Street Drags @ Buttonwillow Raceway - Sat, Aug 28th (7pm-Midnight)

CalSpeed & Performance is pleased to announce we will be putting on a street / drag race event Aug 28th (Saturday Night 7pm-Midnight).

This is a fully legal street race that mimics illegal street racing but is fully legal in a safe environment. Ambulance will be on site.

If you are looking for a place to alot of street racing without the worry of getting ticketed / impounded or putting yourself or others in danger. This is your race.

ALSO There will be a full working Xmas 1/4 mile tree setup, with timers ran down both sides giving FULL 1/4 MILE TIMESLIPS (not required to run tree, can start races with flagger/light etc or just go green on tree)

Where:

Buttonwillow Raceway (road race track)
24551 Lerdo Hwy
Buttonwillow, CA 93206-9779

Cost
$15 to Race plus gate fee ($10 I believe)
Spectators only pay the track gate fee

Hard to predict if will completely fill the approx 75 car maximum we are going to allow but if you would like to pre-register, you can send paypal pre-payment for your entry and I will guarantee you a spot (sorry no refunds if you no-show)

Details:
-We have rented the track and we will be using the 1/2 mile straight backstretch of the track (1/4 mile race, 1/4 mile shutdown area). Basically we will be doing the same time of setup as you would see at alot of street races.

-Spectators can park inside in the field area next to the staging lanes, spectators will be behind starting line only, minimal lighting since it out on the track area and will mimic a normal street racing. All cars will have only head/tail lights (required) to illiminate the road.

-Bring your own VHT if you want, we will be spraying VHT as well as torching the starting line to make it hook decent.

-Every car will require a seat belt and a wear a helmet. (Feel free to share helmets). All cars will be teched for basic safety.

-All cars must be "street cars". This includes "street race Cars". License plate/tagged preferred. Trailers ok. Any cars considered too dangerous to safely make passes will be prohibited, any cars deemed unsafe will not be able to further run. (If you cant keep it on the track and in your lane)

-No cars faster than 10.0 ET. (Alot of 9 sec cars will not likely be able to put down a 10.0 or faster pass on a street like track, so doesnt eliminate many people)

-No alcohol of any type from racers or spectators. Anyone found drinking or even in possession will be ejected immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS. It is not allowed on the premises during this event.

-There will be a catering / taco truck on site for food & drinks. A few port-a-potties will be out near the starting line as well. There will be a crew of CalSpeed employees/volunteers coordinating and running the event as well.

We have alot of street racers from Fresno, LA, Sacramento, Santa Maria, Los Angeles etc coming and even if you arent racing, expect to see alot of REALLY fast 9/10/11 sec "Street cars" doing alot of racing. We will be putting this event on about once a month if this goes as well as expected.

Any questions feel free to PM me or reply and I will answer to the best of my ability.

~Jim @ CalSpeed & Performance
661-742-0997

SIC FIDDY

Thats cool about all the ricer kids. They like to make a lot of stupid bets, and I will be there to take the money!!

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
God, if it was in october or november, hopefully it goes well and they want to do it again.

Foxman

Scotts motor is being built.. I'm going to try and make it... just for spectating though... maybe the next one my car will make it out

SIC FIDDY

holy ****, why does all the awesomeness happen when im gone??

I planned it that way. Told Jim that you were out of town and said it would be a great time to put on this event. AHAHA J/K Brother. Jim wants to make this a regular thing so hopefully its still going on when you get back. I have to go out and put a whoopin on Jason's Firebird-we have a lunch bet on the deal. I will take some pictures for ya.

Renegade

I planned it that way. Told Jim that you were out of town and said it would be a great time to put on this event. AHAHA J/K Brother. Jim wants to make this a regular thing so hopefully its still going on when you get back. I have to go out and put a whoopin on Jason's Firebird-we have a lunch bet on the deal. I will take some pictures for ya.

i want to see a video of you vs. Jason, i havent seen his firebird run

SIC FIDDY

i want to see a video of you vs. Jason, i havent seen his firebird run

Here is my first run of the night and it was against Jason. His motor let loose at the end of the pass though. He now has holes in four of his pistons. I got a crappy launch on the V710 road race tires and red lit everytime due to the car being so low and tripping the beam. Thats why I left so late in this run, I was like WTF when the red light came on. I was trapping between 118 and 120MPH all night.

SIC FIDDY

Yep ben beat me. You should see my in car vid. he cut a 1.73 60ft and had me by like 3 cars at the hit.