• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

List your Mod's

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I thought you liked your gears. So if your coming all the way to texas you should just stop off in cali

Windveil Blues

OLD FART
I do LOVE my's 4.56's... but I don't wanna burn my engine up by driving 2,000 miles with them again. And we are going to Mustang Island for MustangFest. On the Gulf... nowhere near California.

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
2008 Bullitt #1330
436 rwhp,419 rwtq
Whipple WK-200754B INTERCOOLED
AUTOMETER WIDEBAND A/F, FUEL PRESSURE,VACUUM/BOOST,SHIFT LIGHT
STEEDA ADJUSTABLE 3RD LINK, PANHARD BAR,PANHARD BRACE,LOWER CONTROL ARM RELOCATION BRACKETS,STEEDA FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS.
STEEDA ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SHOCKS
STEEDA ADJUSTABLE LOWER CONTROL ARMS
BAER DECELEROTORS F/R
JBA SHORTY HEADERS
BANGASTANG 1/4 WINDOW LOUVRES, AMERICAN MUSCLE SEQUENTIAL TAILLIGHTS

frank s

at Play in San Diego, CA
... She did great on Mustangs Across America with the '56's, but we could only run about 73 MPH/2700 RPM.

Jim

See how things are different? In 1960 I used to brag about my cruising at 73mph and only 2700rpm in my Austin-Healey 100 BN1.

As it happened (I think I'm remembering this correctly) that was exactly 2500 piston-feet per mile, the amount of piston travel considered the most-efficient and least-wearing, sort of a "cruise at this speed forever without worries" speed.

EDIT: As a kind of yardstick, the VW Beetle of that era had a theoretical safe cruising speed of 123mph. Not very many piston-feet per mile there, eh?

I have no idea what a contemporary Mustang's piston-feet per mile is, nor do I remember how to calculate it. Maybe Gooooogle will yield up something useful?

Well, there seems to have been a glitch in my memory: these guys are talking in terms of piston speed in feet per minute. I suppose that is convertible, some way.

Piston speed

Shane361

I do LOVE my's 4.56's... but I don't wanna burn my engine up by driving 2,000 miles with them again. And we are going to Mustang Island for MustangFest. On the Gulf... nowhere near California.

Port Aransas? Was stationed in Ingleside most of my career.-Shane