• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 1985 Mustang LX (Notchback)

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
This thread is for my 85 Notch project. I will be tearing it apart and rebuilding it. I will try to keep this thread updated with picks and descriptions as I go along. This coupe started life as a V6 with an automatic. I purchased it the other day from a manin Oakhurst Ca. I found the car on craigslist and purchased it for $400 (not a typo). I will post the first set of pics this weekend. The only thing that has been done so far is the interior has been gutted.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
85Mustang2.jpg

85Mustang1.jpg

More pics coming soon!! These are from the craigslist ad and is how i found the car... it was buried in sand up to the bottom of the car we had to pull it out with a tow strap.

M

Mustangcwo

Now that's what I'm talking about. Resurecting the dead and turning it into a strip/street demon. :rock:

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Thanks CWO! I already got the int. gutted and cleaned up... next step will be to rip out the V6 and the trans. Then start getting ready for mini tubs and a roll cage.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
I may set it up for street/ road racing but either way, tubs and cage are getting done...probably gonna weld all the sheet metal seems in the car while im at it and theres not carpet in there.

M

Mustangcwo

Mini-tub is the way to go. Nothing like a shortened axle and lots of grip. Once I get settled into the new house payment, I'll be ready to start my next project.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Yeah, I wasnt really planning this project either...the opportunity just sorta presented itself... and I jumped on it w/ no hesitation! Im pretty amped about the Notch!!

Foxman

if you even want to switch to a 88-93 front end let me know.... I think i want to go 4 eye... good looking car man!

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Thanks everyone.

Andy, I think im sticking to 4 eyes as well but if that changes I will let u know.

Foxman

I use to hate the 4 eye, but it has really grown on me... i'm starting to hate the look of the 87 to 93 front end

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
I dont hate the 87-93 look but i have had 2 foxes before this one and 1 was 93 GT style and 1 one was 93 LX. This is my first notch so I figured I would do something different... besides if I change my mind later, the swap is really easy.

Feared

Crazy Mach Driver
sweet Joe! I know how you have wanted a notch for ever! Keep us updated cause im gonna love to see the end project!

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Ok, heres the pics! As you will be able to see, the car is in great shape. Hardly any rust, especially in the usual places (under the doors, trunk, etc..). The Body panels are straight aside from a couple very minor dings and most if not all the trim is intact.

ProjectJuggerNotch001.jpg

ProjectJuggerNotch002.jpg

ProjectJuggerNotch004.jpg

ProjectJuggerNotch010.jpg

ProjectJuggerNotch009.jpg

ProjectJuggerNotch007.jpg

ProjectJuggerNotch006.jpg

ProjectJuggerNotch028.jpg

ProjectJuggerNotch029.jpg

M

Mustangcwo

WOW, I have an entire spool of welding rod just looking for some sheetmetal like that...maybe two!! You have your work cut out for you on this one, but I cannot wait to see the final project...GOOD LUCK!!

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Thanks Jerry! Probably wont be til next summer when I get back from my deployment. Hopefully I can bank some $$ and be able to get the cage and mini tubs. Then we can weld the sheet metal, cage, and tubs at the same time. Then I should be ready to start the painting process... I may be getting Joshes motor and trans from his cobra when he gets new ones. If thats the case Im going to need to hunt down a 97/98 GT/Cobra donor car cuz as of right now, I intend on using the SN95 dash as well... We will see how it goes. Hmmmm Notchback + DOHC Cobra motor + Procharger = :)