• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New clutch slipping Help!!!

50hhh

How's it going guys I recently got a new clutch installed on my 06 GT I had RAM HDX Clutch and also a Lightweight flywheel along with some Royal Purple oil. Ever after the install my clutch has been slipping and also at times if I let out the clutch slow enough in first gear or reverse it makes a shatter sound, sounds almost like it's falling apart. I was told it needs to get bled correctly so my question is what is the correct way to bleed it, cause I did the whole lifting the front end of the car an pump the clutch but that doesn't seem to work. Anybody have any idea what it might be. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
How's it going guys I recently got a new clutch installed on my 06 GT I had RAM HDX Clutch and also a Lightweight flywheel along with some Royal Purple oil. Ever after the install my clutch has been slipping and also at times if I let out the clutch slow enough in first gear or reverse it makes a shatter sound, sounds almost like it's falling apart. I was told it needs to get bled correctly so my question is what is the correct way to bleed it, cause I did the whole lifting the front end of the car an pump the clutch but that doesn't seem to work. Anybody have any idea what it might be. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have an adjustable clutch cable?

50hhh

I have no clue. Todd helped me install it a few months back. He thinks everything was installed correctly and told me it had to be a bleeding problem. But I tried pumping the pedal like he told me to do, but still the same.

50hhh

I'm wondering if it could be a problem with my slave cylinder? I didn't think of replacing it when we did the clutch install, could it possibly be that? Bad cylinder?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I'm wondering if it could be a problem with my slave cylinder? I didn't think of replacing it when we did the clutch install, could it possibly be that? Bad cylinder?

I think your always change it with a new clutch..

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator

I think your always change it with a new clutch..

50hhh

I wish I would of known. That's what I'm trying to figure out though cause Todd told me if should be that the clutch has to be bled, but I don't think it's a bleeding problem I'm leaning more towards the cylinder being bad. Dang that sucks means have to drop tranny again! :/