• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NEW HERE? INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

• Thread starter imported_wickedstangs
  • Start date

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Guys, name is Christian. I'm new here but just wanted to show the progress of my Mustang. Been wanting to show up to meetings but wouldn't since my car is not up to par with what I have seen around here. Maybe you've seen/heard me around chula vista. Little by little it'll get where I want it. Hope to see you guys at the next meeting at Fudruckers.

First start after engine rebuild. Nothing was wrong with the engine just wanted it to be more reliable and instead of going back every month to fix something different, I decided to just fix everything all at once. After this I will do the general maintenance on it myself.

Video HERE (youtube)

Yes, I took it to Tijuana with my mechanic that I trust 100% on everything. Plus, it's way cheaper.

240,xxx+ miles on original block

Engine Rebuilt + Rebuilt cylinder heads

PLUS NEW: intake manifold
water pump
gas pump
gas filter
head gaskets
bottom motor mounts
tie rod ends

NEXT STEPS:
Repaint body Pearl White.

Completely reupholster interior black with red stitching as accent complementing the engine.

Already have CAI ready to install but waiting to install 2 new catalytic converters to quiet it down a little since after the CAI installation it will most likely sound louder than now if I had not installed the catalytic converters.

Already have muffler tips but still need to put them on.

Lowering springs and struts

New set of wheels and tires. 18x10.5 rear 18x9 front.

New set of bigger brake discs and pads

New blacked out headlights.

Tail light sequencer

Black gas door billet

Ratchet Shifter

BAMA TUNER

MAYBE a back window louver.
Welcome

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Hey Guys, name is Christian. I'm new here but just wanted to show the progress of my Mustang. Been wanting to show up to meetings but wouldn't since my car is not up to par with what I have seen around here. Maybe you've seen/heard me around chula vista. Little by little it'll get where I want it. Hope to see you guys at the next meeting at Fudruckers.

First start after engine rebuild. Nothing was wrong with the engine just wanted it to be more reliable and instead of going back every month to fix something different, I decided to just fix everything all at once. After this I will do the general maintenance on it myself.

Video HERE (youtube)

Yes, I took it to Tijuana with my mechanic that I trust 100% on everything. Plus, it's way cheaper.

water pump
gas pump
gas filter
head gaskets
bottom motor mounts
tie rod ends

NEXT STEPS:

Completely reupholster interior black with red stitching as accent complementing the engine.

Already have CAI ready to install but waiting to install 2 new catalytic converters to quiet it down a little since after the CAI installation it will most likely sound louder than now if I had not installed the catalytic converters.

Tail light sequencer

Black gas door billet

Ratchet Shifter

BAMA TUNER

Welcome Christian. Sounds like a beast you have there. Post some pictures and give us a glance of her.

Video HERE (youtube)

water pump
gas pump
gas filter
head gaskets
bottom motor mounts
tie rod ends

NEXT STEPS:

Tail light sequencer

Black gas door billet

Ratchet Shifter

BAMA TUNER

Welcome to the Wicked Stangs forum. If you're interested in joining the club, please fill out the New Member Application and bring it with you to the next event or monthly meeting. For some informational reading, check out our San Diego Chapter Bylaws.

Last edited:

DRobSD

Hello,

My name is Daryl. I own a 1980 Notch that's been converted into a drag only car. By that I mean it has been back halfed shortened and swapped. I have always seen the car club around and just thought I would stop by and see what it was about. Back in 2008 an acquaintance of mine was a member of Wickedstangs his name is Mike and he owned a 2008 or 06 Black Mustang GT. Its been awhile so my memory is a little fuzzy anyways. I will be out at Barona Sat March 7th with the car if anyone wants to come over and say Hi. It is Blue with a Grey strip on the back end (Ill post a pic when I get home from work). This is the first time since finishing the car it will be at the track so it will definitely be a nervous/exciting day for me. Thanks.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Hello,

My name is Daryl. I own a 1980 Notch that's been converted into a drag only car. By that I mean it has been back halfed shortened and swapped. I have always seen the car club around and just thought I would stop by and see what it was about. Back in 2008 an acquaintance of mine was a member of Wickedstangs his name is Mike and he owned a 2008 or 06 Black Mustang GT. Its been awhile so my memory is a little fuzzy anyways. I will be out at Barona Sat March 7th with the car if anyone wants to come over and say Hi. It is Blue with a Grey strip on the back end (Ill post a pic when I get home from work). This is the first time since finishing the car it will be at the track so it will definitely be a nervous/exciting day for me. Thanks.
Welcome Daryl hope you enjoy your stay... Yes, we will stop by and say hi. Glad you made it here.. Make sure to log in to www.mustangsvstheworld.com website for upcoming info on our race event... Again welcome

Bree

Donator
Hey, I'm Bree better known as Jasons girl. I am a proud owner of a newly acquired 2011 gt, and about to take my 1998 mustang v6 back from some friends who bought it which sits at over 350,000 miles. I previously owned a 05 v6, and traded it in for this beauty. Now I can keep up with Jason on the freeway and out of nowhere every one wants to race. I am going to school full time and work full time and participate in the reserve side of the military so I will try to be active as I can. Hope to meet new people

Reaper52

Just an fyi, part of the SD chapter have already met Bree. We showed up together to last month's Wicked Wednesday's. Below is a pic of her car since she hasn't had the chance to upload one. We're both looking forward to enjoying the company of other Mustang enthusiasts and hanging out with the club more!Screenshot_2015-02-26-03-18-43.png

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, I'm Bree better known as Jasons girl. I am a proud owner of a newly acquired 2011 gt, and about to take my 1998 mustang v6 back from some friends who bought it which sits at over 350,000 miles. I previously owned a 05 v6, and traded it in for this beauty. Now I can keep up with Jason on the freeway and out of nowhere every one wants to race. I am going to school full time and work full time and participate in the reserve side of the military so I will try to be active as I can. Hope to meet new people
Welcome Bree and hope you enjoy your stay.. If you need anything just ask..

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Welcome Bree. Good to see you now official. LOL! Glad to see now you have a more reliable vehicle and no more getting stuck on the road. :)

RixStang

Hi everybody! My name is Rick, I go by the screen name of RixStang. Just heard of Wicked Stangs from a buddy on Facebook. Currently I have a 2008 GT thats pretty modded out. Great car and a blast to drive. That being said, I caught the new car fever when the '15's came out. Also I've driven my son's '12. Love that Coyote motor! So, in a moment of weakness and after a lot of research I ordered a 2015 GT Premium, Guard Metallic with the GT Performance Pack and Recaro seats. It will be built on July 13 with delivery in late July or early August. Can't wait! Looking forward to coming to some events and meetings. This car will only stay stock as long as my budget requires. Meanwhile, the '08 is up for sale, sadly. Here's a pic. Low-34-a-Cuy-Lake.JPEG Low-34-Rear-at-Cuy.JPEG

Bree

Donator
Welcome Rick. Beautiful car. Glad to hear you showed up. Hope to see you and your car around more.