• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NITTO 555

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
I just had installed today NITTO 555 (255/45/18) at discount tire in National City. So far all the reviews I have read had been positive and I know some other members have these on their Mustangs. For anyone that has ran these tires before, what can I expect as far as how long they may last? I ended up getting about 37,000 miles from the "stock" BF Goodrich tires. If anyone has any input on what I can expect on these, please let me know. Thanks!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Im with Danny. I had the drags radials and I hated them. You had to heat them up just right. Not enough like a street tire. To much and they got greasy. My Brother
in law windviel has them though and swears by them. He likes the 555

txmach302

thats when mine stick like crazy, i'll find out with the new hp level how they do, but i'm willing to spend the money on some of the new nto5 DR's

ASh

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Wow I got a little more than you out of my BFG's. I am going to be buying new tires when I return from deployment. I am split between the 55dw 2's.

Let me know what you think of them.

Thanks

Gib

txmach302

i have a extra set of 555R's sitting in my garage those will be getting put on and then NTO5R's are next for the rear

ASh

gmantheman

I have had the Nitto NT555 for almost 1.5 years or 25,000 miles. They still have about 80-85% tread left on them. As a d/d tire with some spirted drives through the twisties, I have no complaints. I don't use the the rear tires at strip, so I don't know how well they stick. Remember! these are street radials and not drag radials.

txmach302

i use the 555R's as a DD tire on the back and i have to say they have lasted me along time, very happy with the life of em

ASh