• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Oct 6, 2013] (San Diego) Mustangs By The Bay-2013 (San Diego, CA)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
This year's Mustangs By the Bay will be on Sunday, October 6th. We had 23 cars in the show last year. I like to see if we can get to 30. This year they will have an award for the most club participation. Spoke to Ron, the organizer, he told me we are the only club to have over 20 cars in the show. We will post up the link to the registration when it comes up, we will be able to register and pay online. Make sure you put "Wickedstangs" in the club section when you register. It is always a good show and good time hanging out with the Wickedstangs family. Hope to see a lot of you there.

We will meet up at the Starbucks located at 1620 Camino De La Reina, San Diego. We will meet at 7am and roll out at 7:30am.

Last edited:

Ron Gregory

I'll be there without a doubt.

Hi guys and gals,

Ron Gregory here just checkin in so you didn't think I fell off the earth. I did see some of you at the CCC Mustang Madness show last Sat, BTW, Congrats to all the winners especially Larry Larson who's a MCSD member as well...

As some of you and others have asked, "Where is the MBTB application????" Hang on, I've had a few glitches and we're making the flier a double fold out so you don't have to squint to read it. Also including some clarification so you know whether you are stock/personalized/modified. We had a few try to sneak a heavily modified car into a personalized class last year so we're attempting to minimize that this year.

Another obstacle has been securing a location for parking trailers. Last year we parked them on the grass and that was frowned on by the powers that be.

Another thing I want to bring to your attention is, the DOS class this year is $50 and is available for the day of show only. Miss the deadline and you must wait until the show to sign up, NO exceptions. Last year we maxed out at 350 cars and that's our limit this year.

Secondly, we had several ties in the voting last year if you can believe that. Ties will be broken by the earliest date of entry. We did the same thing last year only we didn't announce it. So, if you received a second place trophy, ask yourself if you could have won the class but didn't because you were late getting your application in...

I understand I'm not helping things by not making the application ready sooner, but we are aware and working as best we can. Last year we received 275 applications in the month of September. Go figure....

Also a reminder about the "Meet & Greet Dinner" Saturday afternoon before the show. It will be held at the Casa Guadalajara Restaurant on Taylor street on the patio just like last year. It's a buffet and details regarding the menu and pricing will be announced later. Limit to 100 people. We sold out last year so get your reservations in early. Free raffle items and door prizes provided by the MCSD.

For those of you that have friends arriving from out of town that need motel accommodations. We have arranged for the "Padre Trail Inn", across the street from the Casa Guadalajara rest at $59 a night, single or double occ. .No charge for parking of cars or trailers. YOU MUST REGISTER SAYING YOU ARE WITH THE MCSD OR THE MUSTANGS BY THE BAY CAR SHOW to get the discount.

Phew...that's a bunch...

Thanks for your support the of the MCSD, the show and the Charities these years...Be patient, application will be here soon. We look forward to seeing you again...

Ron Gregory
MBTB Chairman
2011, 2012, 2013
rgregory6261@gmail.com
661-619-6261

Ron Gregory

Hi guys and gals,

Ron Gregory here just checkin in so you didn't think I fell off the earth. I did see some of you at the CCC Mustang Madness show last Sat, BTW, Congrats to all the winners especially Larry Larson who's a MCSD member as well...

As some of you and others have asked, "Where is the MBTB application????" Hang on, I've had a few glitches and we're making the flier a double fold out so you don't have to squint to read it. Also including some clarification so you know whether you are stock/personalized/modified. We had a few try to sneak a heavily modified car into a personalized class last year so we're attempting to minimize that this year.

Another obstacle has been securing a location for parking trailers. Last year we parked them on the grass and that was frowned on by the powers that be.

Another thing I want to bring to your attention is, the DOS class this year is $50 and is available for the day of show only. Miss the deadline and you must wait until the show to sign up, NO exceptions. Last year we maxed out at 350 cars and that's our limit this year.

Secondly, we had several ties in the voting last year if you can believe that. Ties will be broken by the earliest date of entry. We did the same thing last year only we didn't announce it. So, if you received a second place trophy, ask yourself if you could have won the class but didn't because you were late getting your application in...

I understand I'm not helping things by not making the application ready sooner, but we are aware and working as best we can. Last year we received 275 applications in the month of September. Go figure....

Also a reminder about the "Meet & Greet Dinner" Saturday afternoon before the show. It will be held at the Casa Guadalajara Restaurant on Taylor street on the patio just like last year. It's a buffet and details regarding the menu and pricing will be announced later. Limit to 100 people. We sold out last year so get your reservations in early. Free raffle items and door prizes provided by the MCSD.

For those of you that have friends arriving from out of town that need motel accommodations. We have arranged for the "Padre Trail Inn", across the street from the Casa Guadalajara rest at $59 a night, single or double occ. .No charge for parking of cars or trailers. YOU MUST REGISTER SAYING YOU ARE WITH THE MCSD OR THE MUSTANGS BY THE BAY CAR SHOW to get the discount.

Phew...that's a bunch...

Thanks for your support the of the MCSD, the show and the Charities these years...Be patient, application will be here soon. We look forward to seeing you again...

I neglected to express my gratitude to Danny and the leadership for posting the temp flier and map of the location for the show. Thanks again...

Ron Gregory
MBTB Chairman
2011, 2012, 2013
rgregory6261@gmail.com
661-619-6261

Ron Gregory

Well gang, the wait id finally over. Danny's posted that we have the registration form up at www.sdmustangclub.com. It's not the double page I talked about as the production took longer than I projected and sponsor sign ups ran longer than anticipated. Same price $30 as last year except for DOS...$50. Another thing different than last year, we be using the earliest sign up date to break ties. Yes Mildred, we have ties. So ask yourself, iif you were second last year, could I have won that nice big cup instead the shorter one? More to come on the Meet & Greet dinner later...Thanks for your support...See you July 21 at th KPF show....

Ron Gregory
MCSD

Reactions: Red

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Well gang, the wait id finally over. Danny's posted that we have the registration form up at www.sdmustangclub.com. It's not the double page I talked about as the production took longer than I projected and sponsor sign ups ran longer than anticipated. Same price $30 as last year except for DOS...$50. Another thing different than last year, we be using the earliest sign up date to break ties. Yes Mildred, we have ties. So ask yourself, iif you were second last year, could I have won that nice big cup instead the shorter one? More to come on the Meet & Greet dinner later...Thanks for your support...See you July 21 at th KPF show....

Ron Gregory
MCSD

Ron can you send me you different sponsorship options? gmntmare@cox.net thanks

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Can we sign up on line like last year?

Yes. I included the online registration link above. When you go to the website, click on Mustang By the Bay and they will have the online option. It was down for maintenance last night, it could be back up, but I haven't checked yet.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
We were informed today, the online registration is still not up. We will need to register the old way, by mail. So, I have uploaded the application or you can go to www.sdmustangclub.com for an application. I don't like telling people to go to anything, but this one I will. This is a local show and we have always been well represented. In fact, we have been the highest represented club at this show for the past 2 years. Mustangs By the Bay actually brought back the Club Participation award because of our high number representation. I would like our club to take home that award since we are one of the reason why it was brought back. Last year we had 22 cars at the show, this year, my goal is for 30 cars. Make sure you put "Wickedstangs" on the registration under Club Affiliation. Register early as the date of registration will be the tie breaker in voting. Also, Day of Show is $50 and no guarantee there will be space. They are adhering to the 350 cars max this year. C'mon Wickedstangs, let's blow the organizer and competition away and bring in 30 Mustangs. Thank You!

Attachments

• 2013-Registration-form-Rev-6-14-13.pdf
    264.2 KB · Views: 258