• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Renegade's Mach 1 Top End Rebuild

Renegade

Ok so here is my "official thread" for the top end rebuild for my Mach 1, so far i have the FRPP High Lift cam kit in, the Ford Racing head changing kit, and the Mac long tubes and shorty o/r X-pipe, ordering the remaining parts (stock 04 Cobra clutch, LMR timing cover kit, E3 spark plugs, SCT Xcal 3, and OTC timing tools) ill have pics up soon. BTW thanks to Lethal Performance for shipping those giant boxes for free, getting Mac products to me in less than a week, and for getting them delivered on a weekend. keep checking back for more progress, after all parts are ordered it will be time to save up to have the heads ported and polished as well as rebuilt, and to have the upper and lower manifold fully ported and polished.

Renegade

for sure, i say a day to take the engine out, 1 week for the machine work (if that long), a day to re-assemble the engine, and a day to install it in the car

Renegade

Ok so my dad wants me to add a little more to the build (some parts are his idea and some are mine), i'm also going to add an aluminum drive shaft, and possibly an electric water pump, relocate the battery to the trunk, box the rear upper and possibly lower control arms (thanks for the idea Andy), boxing the torque boxes, and i'm also wanting to add a little giggle juice (and i do mean little since the bottom end has 110,xxx miles on it) hopefully all goes as plan, but adding these extra parts will set finishing it back a month or two but luckily some of the mods will cost next to nothing since the battery relocation, and all the boxing will be done our selves not with kits and some will be done after the major portion of the build is done. wish me luck.... oh and don't be afraid to lend a helping hand with some wrench turning or finding good deals, its always appreciated :rock:

Foxman

please dont try to do this stuff in one day time periods... the machine shop will need more then on day... and take your time to check piston valve clearance..

not knocking your build but why didnt you just fix the problem in the mach and dump all that money in the fox... the car thats suppose to be the race car??? not your DD

Renegade

ok guys so i got a few more parts in for my full engine rebuild, here is the list so far.

FR500 cam kit
DSC00914.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

MAC long tubes with O/R x pipe
DSC00918.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

Centerforce billet aluminum flywheel
DSC00920.jpg

Boost-a-pump
DSC00921.jpg

90mm Lightning MAF (that actually measures out to 98mm?)
DSC00922.jpg
DSC00923.jpg

39lb injectors
DSC00924.jpg

Ford Racing head changing kit
DSC00925.jpg

SCT Xcal 3
DSC00926.jpg

KB forged FLAT TOP pistons
DSC00927.jpg

Renegade

ive been told i'll have no problems and i shouldn't since i believe the stock pistons are flat tops. should be between 10.0:1 or 10.5:1, but not 100% sure on which, Nate (Elky) will be building the engine, Nate wanna help me out with that question?

02gt

yeah i would check that PTV considering your changing cams, what is the lift, duration, and LSA on them mugs...?

Renegade

this is what i found

"FR500 cam specs:
lift, .472 “ [12mm] both intake and exhaust
intake duration adv 258, 204@.050
exhaust duration adv 254, 214@.050
109° center line"