• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SC Upgrades....

SnakeBit

Ok I'm looking at purchasing a Steeda CAI and Steeda 2.65in pulley for my 09 GT500 and of course a tuner just wondering if anyone has this setup or knows someone with it and if theres a better CAI an pulley combo to go with....supposedly using these two in conjunction with each other can give you as much as 125hp increase......just wanting some outside input....thanks

northerncountry

I have read the same thing I don't know anybody that has done that off hand most just do a blower swap and cai and call it good.

northerncountry

you can do like E did and get a port and polish supercharger or you can upgrade you S/C all together and put down 700+ with a either a tvs or a whipple for $3500

northerncountry

Nice! if it was me I would just spend the extra grand and do a S/C upgrade I know Lethal performance has a 2010-11 gt500 with the Whipple 4.0 crusher kit on a built short block putting over 1,000 rwhp!! go on their site to get more info on it!.. I have a friend that road races and he did a tvs upgrade and put down 730 to the wheels on his 08 at RPMM

fangs99

My cobra is really fast at 631 rwhp.....I would wouldn't aim past 650rwhp for a while..... Look into a VMP TVS blower.

fangs99

Yea.... Your car at 650 rwhp would be like mine at 575rwhp.... So you won't be too far off plus your 5.4 will make more TQ.