• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SCT Certified Tuner

fangs99

Roushed2 said:
you can always breach the ground of fangs as long as you give him a reach around

there you go talking roush jibberish agian... speak in tearms for us real stang owners.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
guys keep the thread clean! No rules section if you want to talk Crap to each other. Some of the other members are intrested in the thread

wikedcobra312

+1 fella's lets keep this one clean, i was thinking of dropping my diablo for the sct, but since you are doing both, i guess i wont need to

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
im still waiting for my email tune once i get it ill give you a call emilio

W

wickedstangs

Tuning Education

OK guys, I contacted www.mustangdyne.com and got a quote on a dynamometer and was invited to Ohio to attend a class for free except I had to pay my way there. They were going to teach me the same thing that SCT teaches, because the SCT instructor was giving the lessons in Ohio. I got the info a little late and was frantactly looking for a ticket to Ohio, well the cheapest I could find with such a short notice was 700 dollars and 3 nights at 89 dollars a night then I needed a rental car and the total was over $1000 which really didnt want to spend right now.. Was saving that for our racecar:)..

Next about the job opportunity that I was hoping for did not go as planned. I sent them a proposal and they counteracted my proposal and I am still looking into it. We will see I am still thinking about it. I might conteracted one more time. Fingers Crossed....

Education is VERY important to me. I want to be fully trained and certified in what I do. I do not want to experiment or "learn" on customer cars.

I really don't want to put my name and our club with a flyby night company with No experience necessary, no prior knowledge...just buy a dyno, do some searching on the internet, or read a few books on tuning and suddenly "POOF" another tuner open for business!

For the next couple of months I will be taking a couple of tuning courses hopefully one day some of you guys who want to go into business can join me and my ventures:D

But, for now BE COOL STAY IN SCHOOL:):bo:

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
well emilio it is one of my dreams as well UTI called me last night because i signed up for a brochure from them me and my buddy with the near 700hp evo want to open our own shop one day. ill def come work for you as a mechanic, tuner, fabricator once i go through the school but i will do 20yrs in the navy first so 15 1/2 to go lol i just took the 1st class exam for my first time so im doing pretty good here. i can do most of anything with sn95 dohc ive done almost all of my mods on my own with the help of friends and family. i do need your help doing my tune though im stuck. we are udnerway till fri im on the mid right now thank god for this nipr hook up ion cic :) CLE_CICWS rar

W

wickedstangs

Not a problem VP call me when you get back I will help you..

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Thats great Emilio! I hope that job pans out. If not there will be plenty of other opportunities. I am going to college now to get a degree in business management hopefully I will finish in two years or so. I will retire from the Navy in 2015 at which time I plan to use my GI bill to get certified from UTI in Sacramento. Hopefully soon after that I will be well into owning my own business ( working on Mustangs in one way or another).

skidmarks

I still need to get mine tuned. i have a tuner (cant remember which one i got at the moment) but dont know how to use it. if i show up at the cruise on the 6th would anyone help me out? once i get it tuned then ill get it dyno'd. cant wait to see what shes got.!!!!

maverick169v

WS Posting God
skidmarks said:
I still need to get mine tuned. i have a tuner (cant remember which one i got at the moment) but dont know how to use it. if i show up at the cruise on the 6th would anyone help me out? once i get it tuned then ill get it dyno'd. cant wait to see what shes got.!!!!
told you at the gas station man, take it to RET and get it tuned up there. i will give you the number next time i see you. no one can just tune your car, you need to do it on a dyno, if you dont its a mail order tune and i dont care who says otherwise they are junk.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
maverick169v said:
told you at the gas station man, take it to RET and get it tuned up there. i will give you the number next time i see you. no one can just tune your car, you need to do it on a dyno, if you dont its a mail order tune and i dont care who says otherwise they are junk.

not true. dyno's arent the best either they are just WOT now if you had a wideband to measure ur afr at the diff rpm's and a stand alone that would be the best way to tune any car then dyno for the numbers but it is more expensive of course