• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shellbacks check in!!

Mach1Marauder

I might be able to claim the HONOR OF BEING THE OLDEST shellback here : First crossed on USS Dehaven DD 727 in 1967. Then crossed twice On USS White Plains AFS 4 in the seventies. That was when you had to crawl through all kinds of crap and really got your ass whipped with cut off fire hoses. Yes I would do it again, but not at my age now LOL

PS: I will be 70 in 2 days ---- HATE DEM WOGS

"Well".............as my favorite Prez used to say.............. Ya have 20 on me! LOL They still beat our asses with old cut up fire hoses when I went thru. I even got my nose broke!

Gone are those days forever, I'm afraid.

Wog night on the Indy really sucked when I took her around the horn. I bet 80% were damn wogs! But they sure didn't get away lightly the next day...............nor the day after during clean up. LOL!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Yeah, those frozen cheleily(sp?) weren't no joke either. Damn, there were some sadistic people when I went through. LOL!

chasedtwisted73

I became a shell back on the USS Port Royal (CG-73) and i think if I am not mistaken it was her maiden deployment but dont "" me on that but i know i did it on there.

Shells04Mach

i know gibs became one on the maiden deployment of the USS Momson not sure of the day or month for him but i do know that it was in 2006. he is gone right now so i figured i would put it in for him!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I crossed in 99. I can remember lube oil and hyd in my hair for shampoon. Coffee grounds down my crack followed by hot sauce and lube oil. Damn I was raw lol. Oh and the CMC saying here shipmate want some break fast and taking a stack of pancakes and shoving them in my face. Good old days. Its a joke now. I got in trouble for throwing a bucket of water over someones head. I was told I could have drown him. I sat it down and said this is a joke. Walked back to my shop. It is a 2 hour thing now and that is pushing all the dirty wogs through on a carrier. I can remember it taking all day on the Kitty Hawk. If you didnt say Im a shell back when you went through the tank you went back through. It was alot of fun then and something to really look forward too. :)

Mach1Marauder

I crossed in 99. I can remember lube oil and hyd in my hair for shampoon. Coffee grounds down my crack followed by hot sauce and lube oil. Damn I was raw lol. Oh and the CMC saying here shipmate want some break fast and taking a stack of pancakes and shoving them in my face. Good old days. Its a joke now. I got in trouble for throwing a bucket of water over someones head. I was told I could have drown him. I sat it down and said this is a joke. Walked back to my shop. It is a 2 hour thing now and that is pushing all the dirty wogs through on a carrier. I can remember it taking all day on the Kitty Hawk. If you didnt say Im a shell back when you went through the tank you went back through. It was alot of fun then and something to really look forward too. :)

Damn crying shame what they are doing to our traditions!

JarHead

I crossed in 99 and 03. 99 was great fun . . . . 03 was simply shellbacks on one side of the yellow line and others on the other side. When their name was called, they stepped over the line (equator). It was gay.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I crossed in 99 and 03. 99 was great fun . . . . 03 was simply shellbacks on one side of the yellow line and others on the other side. When their name was called, they stepped over the line (equator). It was gay.

Are you serious about '03? That is F'king gay.

BurnieB78

NEWLY APPOINTED SHELLBACK REPORTING IN!!!!!

The honorable King Neptunus Rex appointed me honorable shellback on 08APR11 at 10:45 local time!

BurnieB78

Thanks everybody. Ever since I joined WS and I saw this page I wanted it that much more. Now that I have it I couldnt be happier...maybe to have my ESWS but that will come soon :D.