• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Supercharger

Malcolm

661.9 RWHP and counting!
Ok, a couple of questions. I am looking to build a 500 RWHP GT Auto. I am torn between Paxton and Procharger. So here is what I've been told:

Procharger's got it down as far as designing placement/fitment for the vehicle. Paxton might not exactly fit right.
The I-1 is a "neat" little addition to the market (when it comes out) and gives some great options for customizing your power curve to suit your application.

Paxton is going to give you the same reliability and power (stock kit vs stock kit) as a Procharger for less money.

I was looking at The Team Beefcake Special. The claim to get about 600 to the wheels. Are there any Procharger custom kits that get approx. the same RWHP?

Also on the stock Procharger High Output (w/ helical gearset) and Paxton NOVI 2200SL kits, what are the real differences that I can expect to see? (Reliability, stress on the engine/crank, boost potential, durability, sound, throttle body air temperature at sustained operating temperatures, and price) Thanks in advanced for the help.

-Malcolm

Ford1288

Donator
This argument is all over tons of forums. Do a little research. From what I remember, it all depends on your final goals. The Paxton is capable of more boost whereas the pro charger has to switch head units for more boost. However, the Procharger is said to be built better and has lower air intake temperatures.

Again that is all from memory, do your own research bud. You can't go wrong with either. It is insane what these 5.0 automatics are doing as far as horsepower, reliability, and ETs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malcolm

661.9 RWHP and counting!
First, thank you for the response to my post. I appreciate the insight and the help.

I do know the argument is all over other forums. I've looked at a bunch of them. However, the answers in those forums are usually from people who have not actually compared the two systems. What I see on every other forum are people who have only used one or the other. The people who have used both typically have used them with different set ups, possibly on different vehicle makes/models.

I'm looking for a no joke breakdown comparison from someone who has installed both and seen the results in the same late model vehicle using the latest systems from each company.

Also, I've read the research from each company's website. As much as I'd like to believe their literature, they each say that they are the best for the same reasons (ie. coolest temps in the industry, most reliable, most boost, most efficient). Since I don't have a lab I was hoping someone with more knowledge could explain the no kidding differences between the two systems.

I do want to thank you again for explaining the boost potential of the Paxton over the Procharger. I did not know that piece of information and it is a big help in my decision.

As a side note, has anyone used beefcake racing or know their reputation?

-Malcolm

Ford1288

Donator
I have heard good things about him on another forum. A good thing about a business that is on forums is that they try hard to resolve issues because they can be held accountable on the forum.

As far as a straight comparison of the two units, I don't know if that exists. You also have to consider how important the tune is, especially on the automatics.

Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HRSX500

check out Lethal Performance & VMP Tuning if you haven't yet.

93slvrfox

Procharger's work great with the new 5.0s. My buddy had one and it did aweskme. i had another buddy with a whipple on a 5.0 as well.

A roots style blower (whipple) will typically make more torque and you go into boost quicker. However a centrifugal blower (vortech) also work well too and Will make less torque, however they are easier to control (hook at launch) and the lack of torque can be made up by adding gears,cam. I owned a 2002 with a blower and cam and it went 11s and was a blast to drive. at about 3500rpm you are usually in fool boost abd pulling light a freight train. iits all personal preferencei