• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Lady Cobra is out of commission :(

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
So I took my wife's cobra to my brothers shop to get new tires mounted. While I was there I decided to have my brother change the oil because, hey free is free right?

Well his dumb ass (an ASE certified mechanic by the way) drained the oil, changed the filter and forgot to fill it back up. He backed it out of the stall, and less then 10 seconds later the motor seized. So now I get to wait for him to pay to have it rebuilt. It sucks 30k original miles on that motor and it has to be pulled

um........:(...........This is not good advertising/ referencing for your brothers shop... Pretty horrific stuff. He just killed a snake!! Ok maybe stomped it a little.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Yea right? I mean I've never had a problem there and they gave me a great price on my tires. It was just a stupid mistake. It's unfortunate but he's family so we'll get it handled

Renegade

Sorry to here that bud she sounded sweet the day I bought the Sn95 off you. Had a few scares with her the last couple weeks, thought I bent a valve because of a horrible top end miss, reset the timing and it got worse. Took her to my buddy Steve who owns a performance shop up here and turn out she spun the balancer a good 30*s :-O and 2 days ago the fuel pump stopped working then magically started working again today. I did make a custom cat back for her though, I'll have to break out the GoPro and the suction cup mount and make a little video.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Damn brother I'm sorry to hear that. If you lived closer I have a balancer sitting in my garage I could've given you. But other then that had she been treating you well?

Renegade

The shop had a brand new one sitting there and replaced the front seal while they were there. Besides the alarm she has been great and I have a buddy coming over saturday to try and trace the wiring back and remove the alarm completely and install a new one if need be. I cant wait to really start working on her and bring out the potential power. Hope the cobra is back on the road soon.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
I always hated that gay alarm lol. It came with it though so I just left it. Glad to hear your making progress with it. I knew a wicked stangs member would treat it well and do it right vice some bozo letting it go to waste.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Look who's back in business! :)

7ysyqyze.jpg

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
So what was done to it? Motor rebuilt? Glad to see it's back, but it still pains me that it had such low mileage when this happened.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
New crank and main bearings, polished the crank and a new oil pump just to be safe. It spun 2 crank bearings but didn't damage anything else, it only ran for like 10 seconds. Yea it was unfortunate but at least my brother handled it professionally.

I know he felt terrible, I guess shit happens sometimes right? He drove the motor all the way to Tucson to be built an went and picked it up as well. But it's all good now, car runs fantastic again!

Renegade

I need to stop thread jacking and start my own thread but... the GT was involved in a hit and run a couple weeks ago, I was at a stop light and a truck doing about 30 didn't stop and slammed into a 90s Chevy 1500 that was behind us and slammed him into the back of the GT, threw us 10ft into the intersection but luckily it only popped the rear bumper in and scratched it all to hell but she drove away from the scene and my buddy and I were sore for a few days but no injuries. Glad the Cobra is back on the road.