• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tire question

Lynch Mob

Carver, MA
Hey guys i just bought stock machine look rims that are 17x10.5 deep dish with a 3 inch lip. i bought 315/35/17 toyo proxes for them, and i was just wondering if anyone knows if they should fit without having to roll my fender? ill post up pics of the rims when i get them in. they should be here wednesday. as for the tires, they look mean!!!

tire.jpg

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
wats the backspacing on the rims? cuz ur fender isnt the only thing u need to worry about but as long as theyre designed for a stang like the ones from americanmuscle then u should be good besides u gotta test fit them anyway just throw a wheel on there and you will be able to tell

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
If it doesn't fit up right, you can always add back spacers. As for rolling the fenders...I would say HELLS YESSS!!!

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
there is an irs bolt that might need to be cut down but that should be the only mod, might have to roll the fender since those are cut stock springs too.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Some 03-04 came with a thick IRS bolt. If yours did you will have to do what DSG said.. Or you can do what I did and these are the only ones, I would go with. They are from Lightning Force Performance and cost around 100.00 tell them your with Wicked Stangs and should get a discount.
LFP 3/8'' Hubcentric Wheel Spacer Kit
wheel_spacer1.jpg

LFP 3/8'' Hubcentric Wheel Spacer Kit

Wheel Spacers are designed to help give you a more aggressive wider stance. In addition to that this kit will help those who runnning an IRS more clearance when running a wider tire or larger wheel such as the custom Mag's.

LFP offers the only true Hubcentric Wheel Spacers on the Market. Do not be fooled by cheap imitaions. Hubcentric Wheel Spacers allow you to mount flush on your rotors. Other spacers you have to shim to eliminate the space between the spacer and the rotor and can cause vibration. Hubcentric spacers are perfectly balanced with 0 vibration.

LFP complete Hubcentric Wheel Spacer kit. CNC Machined from Billet Aluminum the 3/8" Wheel Spacer and Extended Lug Nut Kit was designed to help those running wider tires and wheels on a 1999+ IRS equipped Mustang. Wheel Spacers allow clearance for use of custom mag or steel wheels on Cobra & Mach I.LFP 3/8'' Hubcentric Wheel Spacer Kit

Wheel Spacers are designed to help give you a more aggressive wider stance. In addition to that this kit will help those who runnning an IRS more clearance when running a wider tire or larger wheel such as the custom Mag's.

LFP offers the only true Hubcentric Wheel Spacers on the Market. Do not be fooled by cheap imitaions. Hubcentric Wheel Spacers allow you to mount flush on your rotors. Other spacers you have to shim to eliminate the space between the spacer and the rotor and can cause vibration. Hubcentric spacers are perfectly balanced with 0 vibration.

LFP complete Hubcentric Wheel Spacer kit. CNC Machined from Billet Aluminum the 3/8" Wheel Spacer and Extended Lug Nut Kit was designed to help those running wider tires and wheels on a 1999+ IRS equipped Mustang. Wheel Spacers allow clearance for use of custom mag or steel wheels on Cobra & Mach I.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I have 335's under mine now.....I did roll the fenders and have different rims and have no clue what the back spacing is.....Good luck. I did have to shave down the IRS Bolt quite a bit too.

Lynch Mob

Carver, MA
yosi your tires are nuts man i remember puting those bad boys on and rolling your fenders. did u have to shave your irs bolt when u ran the 315's?