• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Told ya Shane

Renegade

i knew he had it for sale him and i talked about it, but im not going to be able to do it anyways, something came up

VENOM04

I was just throwing it in your face from when we were at Eugene's shop and I told you he would sell it and you wouldn't get the parts and you were like "No, he isnt going to sell it, we are still doing the swap" or somewhere along those lines.

Just sayin. TOLD YA SOOOOOOOO.

Pretty shitty though

Renegade

actually its up for sale but he was still willing to do the swap and keep it if i was ready before it sold, but i had to back out on it

VENOM04

Whatever dude. Nevermind. Forget it. Just sayin. You totally were like no way he is not going to sell it but whatev it's cool. There is never any winning with you. Shane is ALWAY's rite.

Renegade

damn straight i am lol, and at that price i highly doubt its gunna sell, no offense to Joe or his Cobra because the car is gorgeous, but with this market that is a steep price

ears

i was thinkin the same thing!!!! i wish i had the cash to just throw at that thing like that!!!! its beautifull! but damn,,,,,,,, kinda pricey for my blood!!!

Foxman

He will never sell that car for 25,000... the wheels are ugly, the spoiler is nasty and a new engine at 15,000 miles... that will drop the value of the car.. oh and its the 3rd engine at 15,000 miles.. I have already seen it on a couple forums and no one likes it and the new engine scares everyone, oh yea and the ugly 99 to 2001 head lights kill the car

VENOM04

I know everything about that car! EVERYTHING!!!!! i knows whats on the car and whats missing from the car. Soo...... If anyone thinks about it talk to me first!!!!!!!!!

blueeyeddevil

He will never sell that car for 25,000... the wheels are ugly, the spoiler is nasty and a new engine at 15,000 miles... that will drop the value of the car.. oh and its the 3rd engine at 15,000 miles.. I have already seen it on a couple forums and no one likes it and the new engine scares everyone, oh yea and the ugly 99 to 2001 head lights kill the car

Wow really Andy? Sounds just like the post on fresno street racing. I agree on a motor, if your looking for a collector car, but for most people like us with a brain, a built motor is a good thing. But a spoiler, head lights, and wheels. All easily changed. Not really a deal killer in any sale I have ever had. Plus not to mention very subjective! I know this other guy that bought one from a dealer for more, that was in a lot worse condition with a worn out motor(compresion tested) and a repainted back bumper to bump. So becase it was on the original motor it is worth the higher amount?
I would really like to know what is wrong with the car also chris, so maybe you could tell us sometime.

Foxman

Wow really Andy? Sounds just like the post on fresno street racing. I agree on a motor, if your looking for a collector car, but for most people like us with a brain, a built motor is a good thing. But a spoiler, head lights, and wheels. All easily changed. Not really a deal killer in any sale I have ever had. Plus not to mention very subjective! I know this other guy that bought one from a dealer for more, that was in a lot worse condition with a worn out motor(compresion tested) and a repainted back bumper to bump. So becase it was on the original motor it is worth the higher amount?
I would really like to know what is wrong with the car also chris, so maybe you could tell us sometime.

hate to say it bud but a dealership will always sell a call for more? its called financing? the spoiler that's on it, took drilling holes in the quarters to install it, a stock cobra comes with Stock cobra wheels, stock wing and stock headlights... the only way you will get someone to buy that car is if they like the wing the wheels and head lights... no one is going to buy a car for 25000 with plans to change aftermarket wheels and replace a wing and head lights... there are plenty more out there,, oh and the first thought to a buyer when you say new motor 15,000 miles... is, it was beat to ****, let alone tell them its the third motor

blueeyeddevil

hate to say it bud but a dealership will always sell a call for more? its called financing? the spoiler that's on it, took drilling holes in the quarters to install it, a stock cobra comes with Stock cobra wheels, stock wing and stock headlights... the only way you will get someone to buy that car is if they like the wing the wheels and head lights... no one is going to buy a car for 25000 with plans to change aftermarket wheels and replace a wing and head lights... there are plenty more out there,, oh and the first thought to a buyer when you say new motor 15,000 miles... is, it was beat to ****, let alone tell them its the third motor

LOL, your funny. 1. Spoiler is not bolted down on the quarter panel, check it out. 2. No, a dealership will not always sell a car for more.. They don’t provide the financing. A bank does... (they might find it for you, maybe that’s what was confusing you? :)) The only reason a dealership will sell a car for more is because it is supposed to be in excellent condition with all work done before the sell. (I.e. new tires, brakes, and maybe even throw in a warranty.). The car I am thinking of was not in excellent condition. Lets not even get started on headlights not being stock. That’s a joke, they are so cheap and easy to change I will not insult your intelligence to go there. The only thing you earn merit on is the motor and being abused. I could see someone being concerned about it being beat up on. But again it is a fresh motor, which last time I checked is a good thing. Would it have been better to have thrown a used motor in there and not have had it built with better parts than new? I guess some people do that when they cant afford to do it right, but again the chassis has only 15,000 miles on it. My main point is calling the car ugly, and tearing it apart. Thats not what FRIENDS do. If your not into buying the car then dont! Simple, you dont wanna get into pissing matches with people about what you think looks good on a car, again its subjective. Not every one likes greenhatch backs. Get me?

blueeyeddevil

Just a quick side note. The car said O.B.O, this was a feeler add to see what kind of offers he got on it. It wasnt 25k firm. Considering some people were willing to pay 22k he wasnt to far off.

VENOM04

Well my first quesiton to you blueeyeddevil, is what the hell is someone in here that doesn't even own a car doing here? Let alone a chevy. But i'm not one to pass judgment.

First off, just to get this out of the way. Maybe at first a different engine isn't that big of a deal, but in the long run, once the car becomes (and it will) a collector, the car wont be worth as much without the original engine and or parts! But a fresh motor is a start and possibly a money saver in the long run.

Second, almost always will sell a car for more! Like you stated, they are usually selling the item as if it were in pristine condition. Plus they need to make money so you have dealer markup's. Plus where do you think money down and some of the fee's go to! You can almost ALWAYS buy cheaper from private parties unless the seller is a doosh or owes way toooooo much on the car and is trying to pay off a loan!

Anyway's this is not what the thread was started for and lets not start bashing on people's cars. At least foxman is in a mustang forum and actually owns a mustang. Green Hatch be it may, it will undoubtedly blow the doors off of your SS silverado. So, let's not go car bashing. I'm sure foxman just doesn't want to see someone get ripped off.

I am also not going to car bash, nor talk bad about anyone's car. So if you think that I am going to start posting stuff up about someone who is trying to sell their car you have it all wrong. If someone and only if someone is serious about buying the car then yeah they car shoot me a PM and I might give out some info that i know about the car but other than that I leave it up to the buyer to ask those question's to the owner. I do and it hasn't failed me yet. Or if you want to know what to ask the owner before buying then i'll point you in the right direction, but no way am I going to sit here and put my ass out on the line talking about someone's car. So......

VENOM04

Plus I just did a blue book on it and at best private party is only $19,850

And suggested retail is $22,500. and that is in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Which that car is not! Thats all I will say about it! It is very clean and even still smells brand new inside but it doe's not meet the requirements for an EXCELLENT CONDITION CAR!

blueeyeddevil

Well my first question to you blueeyeddevil, is what the hell is someone in here that doesn't even own a car doing here? Let alone a Chevy. But i'm not one to pass judgment.

This shouldn’t deserve an answer, considering you know who I am. When do you get back from Hawaii any way? :) But I actually got on here after hanging out with every one this last weekend. Was going to let every one know I am looking to build a car to come out and play again. (Maybe a Notch Mustang, so I can keep up with Dustin)

First off, just to get this out of the way. Maybe at first a different engine isn't that big of a deal, but in the long run, once the car becomes (and it will) a collector, the car wont be worth as much without the original engine and or parts! But a fresh motor is a start and possibly a money saver in the long run.

No one with a brain would buy this car as a collector car. You would have to sit on it an awful long time. Plus not mention you can’t drive it, and essentially you just store it. It would be a horrible investment financially. There are a lot of better ways to earn money than to buy cars and sit on them. Let’s be honest with our selves, we buy cars to fix them up and go fast, not for financial investments. (Look at all these guys that bought gt500s for way over sticker. You should ask one of them how there investments are doing. Lol)

Anyway's this is not what the thread was started for and lets not start bashing on people's cars. At least foxman is in a mustang forum and actually owns a mustang. Green Hatch be it may, it will undoubtedly blow the doors off of your SS Silverado. So, let's not go car bashing. I'm sure foxman just doesn't want to see someone get ripped off.

I have no problems with knowing a 3000lbs car with nitrous would beat my 5000lbs daily driver that was purchased to tow my boat. This is completely irrelevant and surely some attempt at an attack on me. If you want me to bring some thing to race I will bring something else out of mine that is surely faster. Although I would love to race you in my truck the way it sits. ;)

I am also not going to car bash, nor talk bad about anyone's car. So if you think that I am going to start posting stuff up about someone who is trying to sell their car you have it all wrong. If someone and only if someone is serious about buying the car then yeah they car shoot me a PM and I might give out some info that i know about the car but other than that I leave it up to the buyer to ask those question's to the owner. I do and it hasn't failed me yet. Or if you want to know what to ask the owner before buying then i'll point you in the right direction, but no way am I going to sit here and put my ass out on the line talking about someone's car. So......

I only call you out on this because you state it like he is hiding something about his car. Joe is all ways straight up about every thing. Plus if he did sell his car for 25k I would think you would be happy for him as his friend, not hating.

Foxman

LOL, your funny. 1. Spoiler is not bolted down on the quarter panel, check it out. 2. No, a dealership will not always sell a car for more.. They don’t provide the financing. A bank does... (they might find it for you, maybe that’s what was confusing you? :)) The only reason a dealership will sell a car for more is because it is supposed to be in excellent condition with all work done before the sell. (I.e. new tires, brakes, and maybe even throw in a warranty.). The car I am thinking of was not in excellent condition. Lets not even get started on headlights not being stock. That’s a joke, they are so cheap and easy to change I will not insult your intelligence to go there. The only thing you earn merit on is the motor and being abused. I could see someone being concerned about it being beat up on. But again it is a fresh motor, which last time I checked is a good thing. Would it have been better to have thrown a used motor in there and not have had it built with better parts than new? I guess some people do that when they cant afford to do it right, but again the chassis has only 15,000 miles on it. My main point is calling the car ugly, and tearing it apart. Thats not what FRIENDS do. If your not into buying the car then dont! Simple, you dont wanna get into pissing matches with people about what you think looks good on a car, again its subjective. Not every one likes greenhatch backs. Get me?

I can say what i want and stress my opinion when i want... its the internet get use to it.. Did i go on his for sale thread or ad and call it ugly or not worth it... NO! go head call my Fox ugly or slow by all means i will say it... but guess what... IM not trying to sell it for 25000 dollars am I.. I'm going to tell you this right now... it will not sell for 25000 nor will it sell for 23000... oh and by the way... i got 3000 bucks in my **** box.. counting registration and the purchase of all 3 CARS... thats right 3... BUILT by me! Not bought and blown up twice.

Foxman

Hey look this got blown way out of proportion... all i was trying to say is the car wont sell for 25000.. the ugly comments where taken the wrong way... its my opinion on the car and that's that, there are probably people out there that like them and thats cools.... this doesn't need to turn in to a my cars faster then yours and your cars ugly mines not... I have nothing against the owner of this car... never once has he done me wrong.. has helped me a couple.. So i take what i said back and apologize for starting a bunch of ****...

hey joe give me a call we need to drink a beer or two!

blueeyeddevil

Hey look this got blown way out of proportion... all i was trying to say is the car wont sell for 25000.. the ugly comments where taken the wrong way... its my opinion on the car and that's that, there are probably people out there that like them and thats cools.... this doesn't need to turn in to a my cars faster then yours and your cars ugly mines not... I have nothing against the owner of this car... never once has he done me wrong.. has helped me a couple.. So i take what i said back and apologize for starting a bunch of ****...

hey joe give me a call we need to drink a beer or two!

By the way, I like your car, never had any thing against it. Its what I am doing next. Nothing like a car that has a lope at idle. Gonna do a notch though :) So if any one wants to buy a used ss silverado let me know. $1,000,000, and dont even begin to tell me I cant get that for it. :)