• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Transmission is coming out [**It's Home!!!**]

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
In short I started taking the car apart today in order to pull the transmission. As many of you know I was bamboozled by Chuck @ PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSIONS in Santee. Bottom line is I didn't get what I paid for.

Anyway enough on that. I will be taking the trans out and taking to the L.A. area where they are a little more serious about racing. The C4 will be going to "Mike's Transmissions" in Lancaster. He was highly recommended by Sal from Sal's speed shop who many of you know and race with. For those of you who don't know he is the person who developed PSCA's "Mustang Madness" event. Mike's does alot of the PSCA car transmissions and is a true transmission shop that actually tests and runs the transmission in the shop.

I don't have much cash right now, but Mike said they will pull my C4 apart and inspect it for free and give a cost estimate. Rest assured I will be rollerizing this trans and putting all of the bells and whistles in it this time! :rock:

Wish me LUCK!

Ford1288

Donator
Keep us updated! Still cant believe your misfortune. Actually I take that back I can. People these days...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Good luck... and glad to see you took my advice:) And yes your in good hands with Sal...

Mach1Marauder

In short I started taking the car apart today in order to pull the transmission. As many of you know I was bamboozled by Chuck @ PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSIONS in Santee. Bottom line is I didn't get what I paid for.

Anyway enough on that. I will be taking the trans out and taking to the L.A. area where they are a little more serious about racing. The C4 will be going to "Mike's Transmissions" in Lancaster. He was highly recommended by Sal from Sal's speed shop who many of you know and race with. For those of you who don't know he is the person who developed PSCA's "Mustang Madness" event. Mike's does alot of the PSCA car transmissions and is a true transmission shop that actually tests and runs the transmission in the shop.

I don't have much cash right now, but Mike said they will pull my C4 apart and inspect it for free and give a cost estimate. Rest assured I will be rollerizing this trans and putting all of the bells and whistles in it this time! :rock:

Wish me LUCK!

Mike is badass!!!!!!!!!!
He rebuilt thetranny in ourTT05 and worked some of his magic mods too. You WILL love it when you get it back!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Transmission is out and ready for a trips to Mike's Transmissions. :)

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Well, I woke up early today and headed to Lancaster Ca. at 6am. The transmission was packed up last night, so all I had to do was get up and go.

The GPS said it would take 3hrs and 5min., but I made it in 2:40. Not too bad for my little Carolla with a stuck gas pedal :)

Anyway, I dropped it off and spoke with Mike for a bit and filled out a data sheet with all of my car's specs for him. After a little conversation a decision was made. Let's just say I should be pretty darn happy when I put it back in. :rock:

I'm sending my converter out to get flushed and re-stalled as well. Not sure if I'll make it by MvsWIII, but I'll try.

M

Mustangcwo

Well, there are still a few months left before the big event. If you need any assistance getting her ready, let me know. I just have some data logging and minor tune adjustments to make before then. Hopefully, I'll have it all worked out this Friday at the Q. Anyways...I'm standing by.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Well I hope you do. But, regardless you do or not, sounds like you will be lifting that front a bit more next time you ge on the track.