• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2001 V6 mustang question

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
well before i go and buy all new stuff I'm gone check all the spark plugs and switch the wiring on those 2 cylinders with another 2 and see if i get the same code on the new cylinders.
You're headed down the right path!!!

Soliz53

Donator
Well I switched out the wires and I'm still getting the same code 1 and 3 mis fire. And I'm getting a real bad smell from the exhaust. It stinks.

Soliz53

Donator
Well I just cleared the codes and drive it again and now it gives me code p0300,P0301,P0305. So now I got 1 and 5 cylinder misfire.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
It is either a fuel injector problem or the coil is going bad. You can pick up a NOID, for about $10, to verify the injector is getting the signal to fire. However, I would run a can of SEAFOAM through the fuel sytem to see if it's just a dirty fuel system. If you change the coil pack, screamin Demon is the way to GO!!!!

Soliz53

Donator
Well I missed the app to take the car into RPMM today cuse of work shit. I'm Gona change the coil pack this week end and remove and regap the spark plugs. As for the catalic converter being bad is there someone on here who has a exhaust system for sale for this car cuse I got a couple of hole on this one.

Soliz53

Donator
The car is at the shop now. I'm just waiting to hear what the damage is lol. Hope it's not something major. If all goes well ill have her in the hobby shop this weekend to start working on her since I can't do nothing at base housing.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
If you need a place to work on the car, you can drop by the house and use the driveway...besides, I have better tools.

Soliz53

Donator
Well I got the call and the problem was a bad coil pack. I'll have the car in the morning. Now I need to look or a good place to get a windshield. Anyone got a good connection.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Pic a Part, down at the junkyards off of Navaro and Auto Park Way in Chula Vista has just about every winshield and they install while you wait!!!

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I'm glad to see that it looks like everything is getting worked out, hope to see him around, oh, and if he wants any V6 parts, I still have a few things laying around.

Soliz53

Donator
Thanks what parts you got. Cus he needs his shocks replaced. And his abs light won't go away not sure why. He is also interested in changing the exhaust. Let me no what you got.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
ABS lights is on probably the sensor is dirty or needs to be replaced. Just clean it first and see if it turns the light off. Also, make sure the bolts are not lose on the sensor, that will cause the light to come on as well.

Soliz53

Donator
Thanks I just finished doing the shocks and struts install and I checks all the abs connections they all checked out and I still have the light on. I have it at the shop doin the alignment now. Might go down to chula vista to get the windshield replaced that way he can go back to base with no issues.

tx_stang99

Yeah, if you're gonna have the stang worked on might as well change the sparks, wires, and the coil pack... Especially if the coil pack is stocked and the original.