• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2008 Shelby GT500

goucho

So my coworker just picked up a (new) 2008 GT500. We're heading out to Pacific Raceways tomorrow to run against each other. Of course we had to do some benchmark racing before hand. It should be a close race, unless of course he shows up with slicks.

So he's telling me they are 500 rwhp at the wheel and 540 at the crank. I thought they were 500 at the crank and like 440 at the wheels. Which is true? Also, does 420 ft-lbs of TQ sound about right?

Here's how things are matching up right now:

Him:
2008 GT500 - Stock
~430 rwhp / 420 ft-lb @ 3920lbs

Me:
2006 Mitsubishi Evo - bolt ons, 272 cams, stock turbo
372 awhp / 356 ft-lb @ 3350lbs

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Stock is 500hp to the crank and 480tq.
The 2010 GT500 is 540hp/ 510tq stock.
2011-2012: 550/510
2013: 650/631

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
So my coworker just picked up a (new) 2008 GT500. We're heading out to Pacific Raceways tomorrow to run against each other. Of course we had to do some benchmark racing before hand. It should be a close race, unless of course he shows up with slicks.

So he's telling me they are 500 rwhp at the wheel and 540 at the crank. I thought they were 500 at the crank and like 440 at the wheels. Which is true? Also, does 420 ft-lbs of TQ sound about right?

Him:
2008 GT500 - Stock

Me:

If I was driving it would not be a close race..:)

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member

Him:
2008 GT500 - Stock

Me:

You have no worries, the GT500 wont even be able to get out of its own way.

goucho

So went out yesterday and ran a 12.418 @ 111.70 mph. I was struggling for traction in first gear so I gotta change some things next time.

Unfortunately there was no showing of the Mustang. He couldn't make it. So we'll see when he comes out.

View attachment 3985

ProteusGodz

SeaTac VP
yeah you can take a stock gt500 we have one here in the sea tac chapter that i believe ran lower 12's with an upgradded pully and exhaust for 570 hp/trq ...

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
he ran that on street tires, snakebit's car should hit high 11's. IF nothing else I have a fat ass pick up that'd be a good run for the evo ;)

goucho

he ran that on street tires, snakebit's car should hit high 11's. IF nothing else I have a fat ass pick up that'd be a good run for the evo ;)

I'd love to run the truck. Every other truck I've met has not backed up the shit they talked.

goucho

so, turns out he ran a 13.99 @ 106mph with drag slicks. Ouch. He said he was shifting at about 5,000 rpms, which seems super low. Especially with a supercharger. I told him i'd drive it next time he's at the track. :)

ProteusGodz

SeaTac VP
hey goucho if you are interested this sunday at 10am we will be at monroe speedway racing it isnt a 1/4 mile or the best track but it has been alot of fun in the past.. ill be there and a few others from the club usually go too.. figured id throw that out to ya

ProteusGodz

SeaTac VP
so, turns out he ran a 13.99 @ 106mph with drag slicks. Ouch. He said he was shifting at about 5,000 rpms, which seems super low. Especially with a supercharger. I told him i'd drive it next time he's at the track. :)
that is way slow that car is faster than that for sure i run 14.1 with my v6 on 20's with street tires and 2.73 gears there at 101 mph lol... he obviously cant drive that car

goucho

hey goucho if you are interested this sunday at 10am we will be at monroe speedway racing it isnt a 1/4 mile or the best track but it has been alot of fun in the past.. ill be there and a few others from the club usually go too.. figured id throw that out to ya

Thanks for the invite, but I already got plans this weekend. Actually my entire summer is pretty much booked. However, I will be going to the Ridge Racing School at the new track in Lacey the end of august if anyone is interested. Apparently some other guys were hitting about 160 mph on the back straight and it has a Laguna Seca-esque turn with some good elevation change. So i'm excited to check it out.