• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2008 Shelby GT500

SnakeBit

i may be down for the ridge racing school i've been wanting to go out to that track in shelton for awhile now...just depends on my fund situation at that time

SnakeBit

oh and yes best time for me on street tires and stock 3.31 gears was 12.04@121mph but i only ran down the track like 4 or 5 times so I'm sure i can better it

goucho

i may be down for the ridge racing school i've been wanting to go out to that track in shelton for awhile now...just depends on my fund situation at that time

That'd be fun if you can make it out! I haven't done much racing since I moved out here from Wisconsin 3 years ago. I used to auto-x every other weekend and ice race in the winter, but really nothing out here.

And that's super quick with a stock GT500! I maybe talked my coworker into letting me tack it down the track on his drag slicks. Any tips on hooking up? Here's my plan:

run 20-22psi, burn out for 5-6 seconds, slip clutch at about 3300-3500 (don't drop the clutch) till it catches than release, short shift from 1-2 at around 5300-5500 then balls to the wall. Advice?