• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

64 mustang needs life, US Navy Dad enjoying whats left of his..

crossbreedgt

Hey again,

I had the opportunity to share with V.I. Massive and 1WKDRoush last night and thought i might as well with the rest of the WS WA group..

daddiestoy.jpg

My dad is a retired USN EOD Diver and has been for about 6 years. Great guy, full of laughter and love for his family. Couldnt ask for another man to step up to the challenge of raising 4 kids, dogs, cats, horses...chickens? yup.
About a year back, an older gentleman sold my dad a white 64' Stang with the inline 6. $2,000 and all the parts, body panels, you name it.. ready to be restored to its former glory. Its been in the garage looked at and tinkered on since then but never really a real project.
I got word last weekend that my dad has had a brain tumor for the last 5 years, now its at the stage that its terminal and inoperable. Doctors have him on pain meds and the works and given us a time span of a day to 6months. My dad keeps diving and working in seattle to save money for the family when he's gone, so hes only home on the weekends.
Here are some pics of the 64' stang, maybe we could put together a saturday or two a month to get together as WS WA and bring this baby back to life.. I would like to do that for my dad since he cant find the time or energy.. and do it to really solidify this chapter and have a project to be proud of as friends.
IMG_0516.jpg
IMG_4801.jpg
IMG_5749.jpg

Any ideas would be great guys, thanks :)

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
um set a date and lets get to work. Where is the car? Is there tools there or do we need to bring our own?

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Defitnately set a date on this! I will be there to assist. We are here to help out our fellow members.

crossbreedgt

hey guys thanks for the support!
the car is at my dads house and if you want to mapquest it the address is:
770 Devries Rd.
Oak Harbor, WA 98277 - crescent harbor area near the seaplane base and navy housing -

there are basic tools there ie. scattered sockets, wrenches, powertools.. the only tools i can see being needed are impact ones. we have a compressor but mainly used for airing up tires so the tools might be needed (impact gun, tools).

this weekend is prob too soon for most of ya but lets shoot for Saturday the 9th of April? If that works for y'all of course.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
There is a cruise on the 9th to ocean shores. I have an impact gun.

blackstallion06

Donator
++ Im working that weekend. Im off the following weekend.
Would it be possible to get it to hobby shop? Do they have a hobby shop on your base albert?

crossbreedgt

they sure do have a hobby shop there.. we would have to put the stang on a tow dolly at the very least to get it there tho.. the staurday after the 9th would be much better

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
they sure do have a hobby shop there.. we would have to put the stang on a tow dolly at the very least to get it there tho.. the staurday after the 9th would be much better

We are in luck cause I have a car trailer. we would have to push it on though i dont have a winch.

blackstallion06

Donator
does sound good if we really needed to they sell electric wenches at harbor fright. I am sure we can muscle it up there though.
The following weekend 15th im cool with if everyone else agrees

Jon

Donator
15-16th? I'm not too smart on cars but I'll defiantly show up and help out. I'll get info on the hobby shop since I live here on base.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Wow what a cool project! Wish I was there. I love the classics!

Cant wait to see the progress.

Gib