• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another successful gear install 0n 5/24/14

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
A note from Master9780

Just an update, install was done 05/24/14 by Mustangcwo with a huge help from Double D. We had a slight problem with trying to get the pinion gear out from the rear axle itself, and we ended up pulling out the entire axle. We applied 8,500 lbs of pressure to the pinion and were still not able to get it out! Todd was able to eventually knock it out with a sludge hammer with some metal blocks under the axle! Ford Racing LSD and 3.73 Gears went into the rear axle with some Royal Purple gear oil, and the car feels amazing now! Every time I shift gears, the RPM's are already at 4K and just keep going up. I can now say that my car truly is a 5-Speed V6 because my 5th gear actually is useful now. LSD feels like the car is taking off more evenly now, I have not fully broken everything in yet, so I'm still trying to see what else will come in to play with the new LSD with the clutch kit. Thank You so much Todd and Elliot for the install, and for not giving up on me when it seemed like we were out of options! It was also an amazing learning experience for me, as i have never done something so complicated, and have a new perspective on getting work done myself!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Very cool Todd why was the pinion so hard to get out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk