• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Aug 20, 2012] NMCA WEST COAST SHOOTOUT (Pomona, CA)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
nmcawest_pomona_logo.jpg

pomona_lead.jpg

NMCA WEST SERIES HEADS TO HISTORIC POMONA RACEWAY

The Flowmaster NMCA WEST racing series continues at the celebrated Auto Club Raceway of Pomona in Pomona, CA, the weekend of August 17-19. The 2nd Annual Lucas Oil NMCA WEST Coast Shootout, presented by JE Pistons, is the second of four races where drivers can earn championship points. It is also one of only three races scheduled at the track in 2012.

Competitors in 10 classes, including the six-second 240 mph Garrett Turbo Pro Street cars, will chase points toward a year-end prize and the title of World Champion. Event champions will take home a coveted Wally trophy, which is named for NHRA founder Wally Parks.

Aside from the action on the track, the Lucas Oil NMCA WEST Coast Shootout will feature an impressive car show with 50 awards slated to be given out each day (Saturday & Sunday). Experts from many of the top aftermarket companies will man the Manufacturers Midway where car enthusiasts looking for parts for their own cars can ask questions and buy what they need, while the on-site Swap Meet will offer another opportunity for race fans to score a bargain. And, last but not least, there’s NMCA WEST’s renowned Burnout Contest. Spectators can sign up to participate and walk away with prizes and all-important bragging rights.

Auto Club Raceway of Pomona – formerly known as Pomona Raceway – is located on the grounds of the L.A. County Fairgrounds. The historic track was home to NHRA’s first official race in 1953 and currently hosts NHRA’s season opening Winternationals and the World Finals, the organization’s last race of the year. The NMCA WEST Coast Shootout is the only other racing event scheduled at the track in 2012. NMCA WEST racers will have the rare opportunity to tackle the same quarter-mile strip as drag racing legends John Force, Kenny Bernstein and Don “The Snake” Prudhomme just to name a few.

NMCA WEST racers will continue the four-race series Sept. 21-23 at SpeedWorld Dragstrip in Phoenix, AZ, before hitting the strip at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana, CA, Oct. 19-21, for the NMCA WEST World Finals.

I want to race – how do I do it?
One of the staples of any NMCA event is the True Street class, designed for real, tagged and insured street-going vehicles that can make a 30-mile cruise along with three back-to-back-to-back passes for the ultimate torture test of a street car. The True Street class has been a huge hit at the NMCA events on the East Coast, and the expectation is that the attention-starved West Coast players will turn out in force. True Street gives out an award for the competitor closest to each full-second increment from 15-seconds on down, along with a runner-up award. The winner, or “King” of the event, receives a six-foot-tall trophy, a cape, and crown to go along with the media exposure an NMCA True Street win provides.
iwant2.JPG

Race for an NHRA Wally!
NMCA is proud to present an NHRA Wally to each class winner at this event (points classes only) NMCA and NHRA Unleashed have come together to present the best in street car drag racing and it's brought to you courtesy of Aerospace Components. Have you ever wanted to display a Wally on your mantle? Come out and race with NMCA in classes from mild to wild…from index to heads-up! Got Wally? Get yours at this event by racing with NMCA!
wally.jpg

There’s more than just racing action!
In addition to all of the action that will take place on the quarter-mile, the NMCA will have a fantastic Car Show with many different awards that are presented each day of the show. ’49 Ford pickup with a blown 351? Or a ’66 GTO restored to 100-point concours quality? No matter what your flavor, there’s a place for you in the car show and a shot at the Best In Show award. Each event also features a large Manufacturer’s Midway where you can see and purchase parts from the hottest aftermarket manufacturers and experts from all of the major manufacturers on hand to answer your questions about how to make your Muscle Car or truck perform to your expectations.
theres_more.jpg

Huge Manufacturers' Midway & Swap Meet
Looking to buy parts for your car or truck? Want a chance to meet face-to-face with experts from your favorite performance companies? This NMCA WEST event will feature an awesome manufacturers' midway where you can find great deals on the performance parts you need for your muscle car or hot rod.
If you're looking for that hard to find part or a great bargain, be sure to check out the swap meet.
alley.jpg

World Famous Burnout Contest!
The World Famous Burnout Contest is always the crowd favorite! Sign up to participate for a chance to win prizes and bragging rights, or sit back and cheer as contestants smoke their tires.
burnout.jpg

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Just remember, my schedule will have change by that time. I will have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.

How and where do you register?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Guys lets plan for this.. It would be neat to have a bunch of Wicked Stangs Racing..

2K7GTCS

I'm registered for True Street, Sat/Sun.

I hope to take the 13 second class. I need to lose some darn weight though. LOL