• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

BAD Times with supercharger

02gt

I laid down a best 9.2 with a 2.363 60' at 79.92 MPH. I laid down 355 but the MPH is what im concerned about because with this that much HP at the wheels i should easily be making 85 mph by the time i cross the finish line. After a few runs last night i realized that my car was stalling soon as it boosted up, it was very short almost like it was missing. I have a feeling it might be my clutch considering it is the stock piece and the engine putting close to 400 at the flywheel. Soething doesn't jive in car.
Any ideas?
:nonono:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I don't think a clutch would cause what you are describing. Spark blowout or tune sounds like the issue.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
agreed about the tune. with a supercharger you should be running much faster. i ran 9.2's on street tires with 220hp and now with only 250 i was running 8.80 @ 80.

you dont have a boost leak or anything else wrong that you know about??

02gt

yeah i checked the intake and every thing is tight, i thought at first was a boost leak but i made sure last night it boosted up which it did. The plugs are the same gap but are one heat range colder. The car runs fine on the street and before i changed my intake for my boost pipe i know for a fact it would haul like a 12 second car. I dont know, i think engine could be missing too.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
sounds like ignition and check airflow those are lower then my stock times!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Plug gap is the same as what? The plug gap should be small when you put a blower on like .035 I know this may be a dumb question, but are you running 91 octane?

02gt

I dont have the specs on the plugs but i bought the NKG's copper set that are meant for the boost. Yeah im running 91 with it too. Maybe tomorrow i'll pull out one of the plugs and see if that is the problem.

W

wickedstangs

02gt said:
I dont have the specs on the plugs but i bought the NKG's copper set that are meant for the boost. Yeah im running 91 with it too. Maybe tomorrow i'll pull out one of the plugs and see if that is the problem.

I thought I told you at the track to check your plugs :D Always bring tools to the track to be able to remove or replace plugs..:) one to grow on....

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
beejay31000 said:
agreed about the tune. with a supercharger you should be running much faster. i ran 9.2's on street tires with 220hp and now with only 250 i was running 8.80 @ 80.

you dont have a boost leak or anything else wrong that you know about??

You are getting traction though beejay. You have to remember with these guys with high HP cars cant get them to hook like we can get ours that is why we are running faster or the same as them ect. :)

Good driver and know your car... They say a race is won with first 60 ft

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
His issue as explained wasn't tire spin, it was a miss on take off. His problem sounds ignition related.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
My old boss mustang was having a spark blowout issue. It dynoed 396HP and I swapped the igniton to a Crane Hi-6 with no other changes it made 477HP. Food for thought.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
blackstallion06 said:
that is why we are running faster or the same as them ect. :)

Good driver and know your car... They say a race is won with first 60 ft

no idea what your talking about. agreed on the traction. faster times, cmon.

02gt

I know the 60' will make or break a good ET, but i know for a fact i should be accelerating throught the traps at 83 to 87 mph range with 355 rwhp.

02gt

the missing seemed be coming after i got in to 3rd and soon as it reached 4000 to 5000 rpm (boost condition) the car seemed to hestate or miss as i thought

well say the least the car was acting a little funny too, i can hear some ticking noise coming from under the car and it seems to be the exaust but it is not any louder but it is in sync with idle rpm and before i took her out on the forth run i can feel the engine vibration a little more vivedly the the floor and shifter, it almost seems like a mount broke but i made sure of that earlier today.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
MAV talking about some of the supercharged cars running mid to high 8's same time as beejay runs in his car... With him being a good driver and really knowing his car it helps him alot... sorry should have went more in depth