• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Barona

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I was there and realized my reaction time really sucks and i need to get better at my shifting anyone know a place I can go to practice?

Don't worry about your reaction time right now. Work on your shifting first. Once you are comfortable with it, then work on your reaction time. Get the car down the track first.

jagger969

Subzero, I only made one pass. The jitters got me. But I got the bug!! Had to leave early cause the wife called cause my son got sick. Sorry I did not say proper godbyes. I met a lot of great people with alot of great info. Good times. Sorry Emelio I did not get a sticker. I want a white one so I can be proper and represent the Wicked Stangs.. I am going tomorrow to buy a helmet and I will be a Qualcom on Friday. Emelio can I maybe meet you somewhere on base or other this week so that when I come to the track on friday, I can show the badge!! I heard the Q is slower but I can't wait!!

Jeff

gmantheman

Unless you have drag radials or slicks, qualcomm is a big disappointment as traction is a major issue. It's borderline dangerous. It is a good place to hang out and watch some racing.

jagger969

My buddie took a video of me at Barona and he said I did not spin. I did not feel it either. I went to th the Q once with my fox. Poll for all.. Race or watch? I want to race but hearing gmantheman seems as if he dissapproves.. This is a new car and I don't want to F**k it up. opinions please...

chasedtwisted73

My time was a terrible 11.5 on my second run and on my first run i got an 11.69 but my reaction time on my first run was 1.6 and when I was going down the track when I pu the car in second it popped out of second then redlined anthen I put it in third and it did the same thing I know I was in gear but it wouldnt stay.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Jagger its up to you man. If you can drive and control the car go out and have fun. The Q is a good place to practice reaction time.
I have got a perfect light and a first place trophy from there. I may race not sure yet. I dont know if I want to fill my DR's full of rocks or not lol

jagger969

I just watched the video again.. Horrible start. Should I put my foot on the gas and break to bring up RPM's for launch? (remember auto)

I am new so bear with me.
RT:.572
I1 2.147
I2 5.791
I3 5.791
I3 MPH 64.435
E.T 8.733 @ 84.132

I kinda feel embarresed running that time with a 412HP plus car...

gmantheman

I just watched the video again.. Horrible start. Should I put my foot on the gas and break to bring up RPM's for launch? (remember auto)

I1 2.147
I2 5.791
I3 5.791
I3 MPH 64.435
E.T 8.733 @ 84.132

Don't be too hard on your self. 8.733 is a good time with street tires. With drag radials I bet you could knock off .3 to 4 tenths.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
My buddie took a video of me at Barona and he said I did not spin. I did not feel it either. I went to th the Q once with my fox. Poll for all.. Race or watch? I want to race but hearing gmantheman seems as if he dissapproves.. This is a new car and I don't want to F**k it up. opinions please...

I personally will not race at Qualcom anymore until they start preping the correct way. Traction sucks, I almost lost it a couple of times and gravel everywhere. I will go watch, but I would not race.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member

I1 2.147
I2 5.791
I3 5.791
I3 MPH 64.435
E.T 8.733 @ 84.132

That's not bad at all, this is your first time out with the car.

This is my best.
RT: .174
60ft: 2.095
330: 5.770
E.T.: 8.754
MPH: 83.752

Which isn't bad for me considering how worn my tires are, plus I had a passenger. Still had a great time though, can't wait until next time.

jagger969

Ok so I talked to my buddy who has an EVO and he said I should be ok. I ran once there with my fox and it wasn't to bad. I am going to run.. I got the itch and I am going to scratch it!! Emillio, I would like to get with you before friday so I can badge up!! I feel it is a right of passage. I met you a long time ago and I have been procrastinating for a while but, I have met a great bunch of people in this club who have already given me a great amount of info and knowledge and I would be proud to display the Wicked Stangs banner. (White please) Thanks to all..

Ford1288

Donator
Have fun dude! Dont let all this scare you. Yes the traction isnt there but it is still fun and a good time. Just practice getting used to the car. And like Emilio said, give it some gas with the brake held down, just before the tires would start spinning. I dont know how high you can footbrake in the new 5.0s. Maybe something you can look up?

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I might come down to watch, car will be in the shop again :(

2K7GTCS

Um, should we start a new thread for Race Legal? LOL

Well, I am finally going to "do it". This will be my first time, ever. I have been down at the Q "watching" at least a dozen times over the last two years, as I didn't see the point of running my car while it was still bone stock.

Now that I've had the gears put in (3.73's /w Automatic) about 600 miles ago, and loaded the canned tune from SCT, I want to do some baseline runs before the next batch of mods.

Since most folks seem to roll in late, and I work right across the valley from the Stadium, I plan to get there early and get as many runs in as I can!

Regarding the launch technique - I will just leave at idle. My understanding is the converter builds torque in response to load, and using the brakes for rolling resistance just can't match the resistance of the car's weight (Line Lock changes this completely). With the lower gears, the stock converter will flash to somewhere around 2100-2200 rpm, which should be perfect for the street tires I will be running.

I know, I know, look at the noob, over thinking the whole thing! :)

Hope to see you there!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Um, should we start a new thread for Race Legal? LOL

Well, I am finally going to "do it". This will be my first time, ever. I have been down at the Q "watching" at least a dozen times over the last two years, as I didn't see the point of running my car while it was still bone stock.

Now that I've had the gears put in (3.73's /w Automatic) about 600 miles ago, and loaded the canned tune from SCT, I want to do some baseline runs before the next batch of mods.

Since most folks seem to roll in late, and I work right across the valley from the Stadium, I plan to get there early and get as many runs in as I can!

Regarding the launch technique - I will just leave at idle. My understanding is the converter builds torque in response to load, and using the brakes for rolling resistance just can't match the resistance of the car's weight (Line Lock changes this completely). With the lower gears, the stock converter will flash to somewhere around 2100-2200 rpm, which should be perfect for the street tires I will be running.

I know, I know, look at the noob, over thinking the whole thing! :)

Hope to see you there!

Have fun down there. And leaving from Idle sounds right with the stock convertor.