• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Best place to buy boltons in Socal

01SOMSS!

what up guys, I'm looking for some input on these parts. I'm also looking for the best deals to get these items. is there any shops that sell these parts in S.D for decent pricing?

For a 08 mustang V8
looking to buy the following
shorty headders,
Tb(what size?)
K&n cold air intake
thanks

gmantheman

Regarding your parts, don't waste your money on a TB unless you plan on going F/I. Most TBs pick up 2-3 hp but often time cause problems. I hear different opinions about shortys. A lot of people say it's not worth it, other say they can feel a difference. It will change the tone slightly but actually quiet the exhaust a little. K&N is okay but there are much better options. Get an intake and tune kit.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
louis,

+500 on Last Call Racing..

Give Emerson a call and he will help you out!

01SOMSS!

the car is going to get a vortec blower. what tb is good for it? and what cold air intake for now?its for my boss's car. we want to get the supporting mods for the blower. the cold air is just intill he gets the blower.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Give Atomic Performance a try. They're one of our sponsor. Go to their site and see what you want and pm them. They will get you the best price they can. Also if you don't see what you want, pm them also and he'll find it for you.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
the car is going to get a vortec blower. what tb is good for it? and what cold air intake for now?its for my boss's car. we want to get the supporting mods for the blower. the cold air is just intill he gets the blower.

I like Accufab TBs. That's what I have in mine. I have a 70mm with my blower, but you can go with a 75mm if you like with a blower. As for CAI, I have no problems with my K&N. But AirRaid is pretty good, too.

Misled20

For a throttle body i would go for the GT500 take off TB. uses all the factory connections and i haven't heard about any issues with them.

headers... shorties don't do much for the s197 cause the stock set flow pretty damn good. i would go with longtubes to get the extra gain in HP.

exhaust alone i gained 2/10ths in the 1/8 with an N/A car.

Cold air will be supplied with the blower from vortech

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Give Atomic Performance a try. They're one of our sponsor. Go to their site and see what you want and pm them. They will get you the best price they can. Also if you don't see what you want, pm them also and he'll find it for you.

X2!!

AP hooked me up with the K&N intakes on our Bullitts!!

01SOMSS!

so 70 or 75mm for TB? will the 75mm bolt up right up with the stock manifold?also what size is the gt500 TB?