• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Big ass Turbo build

CPRstreetmachines

Been working on it for a while now and almost done. Thought I'd show a few pics. I need one more test car to play with after this. If you are interested PM me. Nothing this big, just need one more tester on a stock 2011+

Knocked this out real quick like.

bobdissasemble001.jpg

bobdissasemble002.jpg

bobdissasemble003.jpg

bobdissasemble004.jpg

wilwoods.jpg

engineout.jpg

engineout2.jpg

CPRstreetmachines

These are some test headers. Built off the jigs and test fit on the car. Like a glove lol. These are the only 4 into 1 headers for the coyote. Single turbo or even twin kit. Everyone else has a Tri y or LOG design. Pain in the ass they were. Got a hunch they were worth it.
headermuq.jpg

header2c.jpg

My buddy didn't get a chance ot bend up the tube for me until today. So got off my ass today. Two more small braces and we're good.
srear009.jpg

Wish these came out a little better. Shop lighting is a little funny. They are a gorgeous gold.
srear008.jpg

tubewelding.jpg

Just comparing ph to camera
srear007.jpg

reara.jpg

Now the pan hard bar is adjustable in height.
panhardadjustable.jpg

tanksintrunk.jpg

Add axles, fluid and then brakes and we're done.
rearendin.jpg

MMR 1500. Stage 3 heads and cams
engine2ep.jpg

enginedp.jpg

And the purdy stuff. 16 injector setup. Weld on some AN fitting for the rail, throw some stainless hardware on there and we're good.
intake1c.jpg

intake2.jpg

intake3h.jpg

intakers.jpg

CPRstreetmachines

Some battery bling
batterytraym.jpg

and some trunk action
trunkc.jpg

trunk4u.jpg

trunk2n.jpg

sintake.jpg

sintake2.jpg

A few pics from the build as we wrap it up.

This bad boy sees less than half the inlet rise of the competition at TWICE the power level.
icmounted001.jpg

We ran a 1.25 hose for the intercooler that has a .250 wall thickness. Keeps if from kinking when rounding turns. Problem is it's so damn big it doesn't fit around the exhaust, panhard or with all the other AC and fuel lines, let alone the batt cable. This took a bit of time to figure out. Regular 'ole 1in hose fits under the car no problem though.
46404620t.jpg

76919024.jpg

75945709.jpg

93695023.jpg

Random picture of the drums stacked w the new clutches. There's a few of them in there :)
49460653.jpg

Customer wanted stainless headers so we made it so. I couldn't keep it from him I'm such a child lol. We polished them for him and described what would happen when the polished stainless gets hot and what a gold it will turn. The big ass 5in down pipe is also stainless :) These were just some random pics we sent him.
14930325.jpg

65516570.jpg

Here is a mock of of a system being built. For those of you who wanted to buy the headers alone you can see a little better why I can't sell just the headers. The stock motor mounts on the engine and original mounts on the k-member are gone and completely changed. Horse and carriage situation here. Can't have headers w/o the k-member

20031446.jpg

42875778.jpg

Some of the hidden wiring and vacuum lines.
36840573.jpg

27547344.jpg

55814114.jpg

65125630.jpg

33097395.jpg

This is the hidden regulator and lines.
49379742.jpg

This front shot is all you will see of any stainless fuel lines.
59400783.jpg

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Wow, that is an extremely impressive build, the amount of work that you have put into that to make it fit so nicely just amazes me. Excellent work guys.

CPRstreetmachines

Some of the finalized parts are finally rolling in so I can make a finalized down pipe.You can see in the other pics it wasn't fully welded because the sides where they butt together weren't the same size. i could only tack together for mock up.

finaldownpipemerge.jpg

CPRstreetmachines

Big stout mother is the turbo mount.brace
turbomount.jpg

I wanted to change some of the clearances in a drum pack, and this was the first machinists attempt. Found a new machinist. LOL
trannysteel.jpg

Saleen rear coming together
saleenrear.jpg

Mmm, 13's.
rearbrakes.jpg

Not ready yet but threw it in there just to look. Make it feel like I was getting something done LOL
maftubeteaser.jpg

This is welded and done already but all I have. Should be some serious contrast with the gold in there with the black tube right above it.
polisheddownpipe.jpg

CPRstreetmachines

LOL, thanx man.
Got the turbo in. Never had a chance to try one from Comp Turbo. But with their triple BB center section and low inertia turbine, I'm really looking forward to trying it out. This thing MUST weigh an good 15-18 lbs less than the mock up turbo with the aluminum backing plate and center section. This compressor should be good for at least 155lbs/min. We should be good in the power department

s88mm2.jpg

s88mm.jpg

CPRstreetmachines

Pretty close. Just finishing up loose ends. A bit farther along than this. Upper hose is done, blanket is on, oil lines run, etc. Can't wait to see the down pipe change colors.
ohsoclose.jpg

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Dang, going to have to stop by the shop again this car is looking awesome.. Keep them pics coming