• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Candy 89 5.0

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Well Whidbey Island is the place to be now a days! LOL. There is alot of us here in Oak Harbor.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
We have WICKED WEDNESDAY every week. This week we are going to be at Dairy Queen or the BBQ place next to DH buffet. I have to look at the thread and see what the guys decided on. Come on out and join us. We meet up around 6pm.

Candy 89

Candy 89
I do have a ? fellas and fellow 5.0ers. I think I have an exhaust leak. You know the Spitting sound passenger side near the headers. BBK's. I open the hood and I look down there I can hear it distinctly lower right hand side of the headers. Should I check to see if the Bolts are tightened snug and such. I dont believe It came with gaskets..??

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Check the bolts, and your saying it don't have header gaskets on it?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Candy it can be in two locations.. Notorious on these fox bodies.. If you have not changed out the gasket in a long time.. That can be your issue.. I just replaced mine on a 91 LX and the gaskets were completely destroyed. The leak can be located where the header and H-Pipe Collector Meet.

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
yeah i had a lil bit of a leak and i popped the hood and noticed one of the header bolts was about to fall out so i tightened it and the leak was gone. now on my v6 i was having a popping sound coming from the header area and it turned out to be a loose spark plug and it eventually fell out but it sounded very similar to an exhaust leak so u might check bolts and plugs before u go through the hassle of changing ur gasket itll save u a headache lol

Candy 89

Candy 89
Yeah I figured it out fellas, I have a hole in my gasket in my right header prolly have to take it to the shop.