• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chuckwalla 4/23/2011

2K7GTCS

Couple shots from the paddock...

CIMG0012.jpg

John has a leaky rear-end. Er, his car needs an axle seal.
Done for the day @%$&!

CIMG0011.jpg

Wicked Stangs rollin' deep @ Chuckwalla

2K7GTCS

Update: Jon is done for the weekend :(

The pinion shaft retaining bolt is broken off inside the diff, so he can't get the shaft out to remove the axle to replace the seal.

The good news is Soji (V.I. Massive) will be able to drive the V6 Vert tomorrow!

2K7GTCS

Thanks to track Owner / Operator Mickey for letting us stage some shots at the start/finish line...

Winners_Chuckwalla_20110423.JPG

Jon Wins!
JohnWins_Chuckwalla_20110423.JPG

Happy Easter everyone!

We will be playing at the alter of exhaust fumes, tire smoke, and brake dust...

2K7GTCS

Not to toot my own horn (ok, maybe a little), but this thread is possible due to quite a variety of devices, and technology.

• First of all, I am typing this on a Dell netbook, connected to the internet with a Verizon MiFi broadband hotspot.
  • The video in the first post was shot with my Flip, which I transferred to the netbook, and uploaded to YouTube.
  • The paddock pictures were taken with my Palm Pre 2 cell phone, emailed to my cox account, downloaded from webmail, and posted to Picasa.
  • The next set of pictures were from Danny's DSLR, which I pulled the photos from before he left Chuckwalla, again uploaded to Picasa.
  • The last post contains photos from Ken's Nikon, which were shot RAW, requiring a converter to resize them and make them JPEG's to upload to Picasa.

I will not be able to provide as many updates tomorrow, as I will be on the track for most of the day. I'll try to put some up during the lunch break.

~David

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
It was a fun day today. Thank you Jon for the ride around the track. Excellent driving and made a couple of nice saves there. Sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully you can get it fix with no problem.

Dave, have fun tomorrow, thanks for getting this set up. Ken, Ethan, and Soji, you guys have a great time tomorrow driving. Be careful.

Happy Easter.

dtopford

So very cool, wish I could have been there this weekend and wish they would let verts run without a bar.

2K7GTCS

@franks Would loved to have seen you out here again. 4 of us are driving today, and 2 of those for the first time.

@dtopford They can! It was a misunderstanding. As long as your car is stock :wink:, you can run a vert without a bar.

2K7GTCS

Just a few more for now from day 2. Figured I'll keep them all together here.

It's my turn on the track:

Ken takes her out for a few laps:

Ethan charging past the start/finish line:

Giving the pony's a rest during the lunch break...
Chuckwalla_cooldown_20110424.jpg

I will post more tonight when we get back to San Diego.

northerncountry

it was a great weekend for the wickedstangs Road Racing crew. There will be more dates to attend open track events at Chuckwalla. Next time I would like to see a Red Fox and a GT500 hit the track. BTW the Red 500 that ran was the last project at RPMM installing a cage. Looked great and it was a lot of fun. Soji brought his GoPro camera and I have PROOF that I PASSED A BUNCH OF PORSHES!!!!

That I do. i am not as technologically (sp) sound as Dave so it will take me much longer to get them up. But i'll work through the night to get it done. No work tomorrow;) on leave.

2K7GTCS

Hey Mister! Why are your rotors BLUE!?

Blue? Hell, you should have seen them when they were glowing RED heading into turn 1!

TrackResidue_20110425.jpg

Still showing signs of abuse from the weekend. Damn that was fun...