• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway - 16 Oct 2010 - Teasers

frank s

at Play in San Diego, CA
Most tracks (that I know about) require that you have a "tow point" designated on your car. That means either the "hook" like you see, or a suspension component. They aren't going to want to waste a lot of time hooking you up, and most suspension components that are substantial enough to do the job are in a position that would result in some body damage if used. Any necessary holes can be behind the license plate, easy enough to remove for the track.

RPMM suggested they do one like on a GT500 belonging to one of the principals: install an eye-bolt that can be screwed in for events and screwed off after. I already had the FRPP loop and a bracket from a Team Shelby member, or I'd have been happy to do it that way. The Shelby guy sold out his run of brackets, but may start another one as there seems to be considerable interest:
Better hurry!

My attitude would be that the hook is more important than a hole in the bumper, but the Team Shelby guy had it designed to fit the Shelby GT front bumper: it passes through the lower grill opening and between the top edge and the snap-in lower grill - and on the GT/CS, as well.

There was a specialized bumper (not cover) available from FRPP that had a mounting place for the loop, for the front and rear of the S197; I see the front one is no longer in the catalog. I guess you better get the rear one if you want one; S197 is not a factory competition concern for much longer.

Here's a recent addition to the background knowledge for those interested in track-daying:
HPDE Beginner's information

northerncountry

Frank Thanks for the Link I am very very interested in Doing track time This will help me get in the Door For More Road racing in the Future!!