• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Clash of the Titans

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator

2003 Cobra- 5.3 Boss block, Livernois Heads, MMR custom cams,3.4 Whipple, 100 dry shot nitrous, C16 race gas 26psi (slipping belt) 910/1,110whp

2008 C6- 418ci stroker,ported LS3 heads,Custom Garrett GT-91mm Turbo kit built by Mattech Racing, E85, 16psi...(Made 1,068/1,028 on 19psi)

More Videos to come with belt slip issues fixed and more boost in the vette

GhostRider

Nice, the fact that the cobra had a 100 shot, didn't leave much room for the Vett to compete... But damn, that Vett was pretty fast!

tkeinia

damn, i have the same trouble of trying to keep the lightning from getting sideways on the hyw. lol

northerncountry

There would be no reason for the serpentine belt to slip with turbos, no bypass valve closing to put stress on the belt system, thats what I meant if he did have belt slippage it wouldn't do anything to the power it would just be the water pump, ac and alt. caused by a loose tensener .

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
There would be no reason for the serpentine belt to slip with turbos, no bypass valve closing to put stress on the belt system, thats what I meant if he did have belt slippage it wouldn't do anything to the power it would just be the water pump, ac and alt. caused by a loose tensener .

:eek: I going to pretend your playing... Good one..

northerncountry

The key difference between a turbocharger and a supercharger is its power supply. Something has to supply the power to run the air compressor. In a supercharger, there is a belt that connects directly to the engine. It gets its power the same way that the water pump or alternator does. A turbocharger, on the other hand, gets its power from the exhaust stream. The exhaust runs through a turbine, which in turn spins the compressor (see How Gas Turbine Engines Work for details).

LIKE I SAID!! if the vette has twin turbos it only has a belt for the AC, ALT , Water pump and Power steering pump.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
The key difference between a turbocharger and a supercharger is its power supply. Something has to supply the power to run the air compressor. In a supercharger, there is a belt that connects directly to the engine. It gets its power the same way that the water pump or alternator does. A turbocharger, on the other hand, gets its power from the exhaust stream. The exhaust runs through a turbine, which in turn spins the compressor (see How Gas Turbine Engines Work for details).

LIKE I SAID!! if the vette has twin turbos it only has a belt for the AC, ALT , Water pump and Power steering pump.

not going to argue with you.. You can still have belt slip with a turbo. Belt can be worn, antifreeze on the belt, idler pulley going bad, and the list goes on. That is what the vett guy said, you were not there to know the cause. Please leave the troubleshoot to the experts:)

northerncountry

Thats what I said in the first Place ! .... it's ok to admit your wrong