• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

clearance questions for you fox guys.

navyfc117

I am installing the supercharger tomorrow and sunday. Here is the deal. I was planning on running the stock upper and lower. Will this clear my aeromotive fuel rails? If not I have a systemax upper and lower with a 1" spacer. Will that clear my hood?

Can i just use the 42# injectors with the stock fuel rails? The car is basically stock except full exhaust and the supercharger will be at 8lbs. Think the stock rails can handle that?

Thanks guys.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
If the aeromotives don't clear just run the 42's with the stock lines. I'm pretty sure you will have an issue with the systemax and a 1" spacer.

Tommy

The systemax won't clear the hood using a spacer. I have the same Holley and I had to sell my stock hood and get a TruFiber cowl

navyfc117

Sounds like a good idea. So I am just going to stick with the stock upper and lower for now and run the stock fuel rails if they aero doesnt work. I bet that K member would have lowered the engine.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Sounds like a good idea. So I am just going to stick with the stock upper and lower for now and run the stock fuel rails if they aero doesnt work. I bet that K member would have lowered the engine.

Do you have all of the fittings and lines to run the aeromotives?

M

Mustangcwo

With the aeromotive rails, you can use a 3/4" spacer and clear the inlet, but you wont clear the hood. Therefore, it looks like stock fuel rails and the 42lb injectors. However, if you use the drop mounts, like Orange suggests, it will all clear. The stock hood will support a 3/4" spacer.

Setup:
HPM drop solid motor mounts.
Systmax intake with 1" spacer
Aeromotive Fuel Rails
42lb injectors
Supercharger

= Lots of fun.

navyfc117

I dont have time to get those. Looks like stock fuel reail for me. Until later anyways, Ill install the Holley when I get the mounts I suppose.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
why dont you run a spacer on the stock intake. that should give you clearance and it will fit under the stock hood.

510z

if you can find a set of convertible mounts they are about 3/4" lower than yours if i am not mistaken.