• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Clutch Carnage

ears

wow... i knew my king cobra aint gonna last me any time at all,,, its kinda just a pandaid for now. and when i started the project. i didnt knwo how much power i was gonna make. but now im kinda worried about using it at all!

but i really dont wanna pull the tranny off this close to mvtw!

so two options. pull it out now. or wait till it ends up like danniboys!!!!
:shot: :shot: :shot: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

ears

and on top of all that......... cwo knows.... just ask him. how much of a pain in the ass pulling my tranny really is! with the long tubes! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
well if it destroys its self you have a chance of it hurting something else

ears

there in lies the problem......

i realy dont have the cash at this point for a good clutch. and i really really really dont wanna drop the tranny!

looks like im gonna have to have one of those conversations with the wife!!!!!!

ears

true statement. looks like ill have to lay low till i can afford a clutch. but the good news is the car should be atlest running by mvtw

Daniboy1983

Driving crazy sure does get expensive. I don't think I've wore out anything on my car since I've had it. Everything broke after beating on it. The good part about that is breaking things is an awesome reason to upgrade. I did put new universal joints in the driveshaft while I had it out though. That is probably one of the very very few preventative maintenance things I've done. After 215k mi I figured it was time to replace them.

ears

ya know with all this said and done,,,, i was kinda wondering! i thought it would be a good time to ask. ill try not to pirate the thread too much, but.........

right now, im goin with a king cobra clutch, and the stock t45.

as we know,,,, this aint gonna last!

so i was lookin into a few differant twin dic set ups. what would yall recomend?
along with that, im gonna need a decent tranny that wont go BBBBOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!
on me. and along with that ill probably need to change out the drive shaft.

so keeping in mind that the funda are kinda tight, what would yall recomend. im thinkin of tryin my best to lay low with the slowbra, and save up for a decent tranny, clutch, drive shaft.......... maybe talkin to mmr. although chris ( the modular god) has left and they replaced him with a noob that dont seem to know sh*it about sh*it! ill have to get around him and talk to someone who does!

M

Mustangcwo

Driving crazy sure does get expensive. I don't think I've wore out anything on my car since I've had it. Everything broke after beating on it. The good part about that is breaking things is an awesome reason to upgrade. I did put new universal joints in the driveshaft while I had it out though. That is probably one of the very very few preventative maintenance things I've done. After 215k mi I figured it was time to replace them.

I hope you didn't pick up a universal at NAPA :nonono:

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
take it easy until you have enough for the good stuff just take the car to shows and meets but not race until the good come in

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
hahaha well thats what happened with my slowbra if i wasnt upgrading what was broken i was buying some mo betta haha or saving haha that t-56 wasnt cheap

ears

true. dat...... im wanting the magnum. but im thinking that is gonna be out of my price range. im not sure yet where i wanna go with it. but even having the t45 built to hold some good power would be great.

any one know how possible that would be? i would like it to be built to hold a thousand hp, so that in the future i know i wont run into any problems. im almost posative that the slowbra will never see a thousand hp, so its a good place to put it. then the clutch will have to be just as good.