• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Datalogged the car Here are my files

Lordgufi

http://www.gufilive.com/logs

log.csv is the file that is chopped out of the high.csv

as you can see i get no more than 17 deg at the end of the rpm range in second gear which is where i'm at on the track. this is also reflected in 4th gear on the dyno.

Oddly at the beginning of the run in log.csv you can see that i was given timing and the flow of air did not change however the throttle position did... so quite possibly my throttle plate is being allowed to open too far or the TP sensor is bunk.

Further investigation is required

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
next time sort it so you get reid of all the non WOT runs... What gear are datalogging in? 3rd gear track and 4th gear dyno..

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Gufi I just ran your file in Live Link and your SPARK_ADV looks normal

16.5* spark advance @ 5500 rpm WOT is normal? Maybe for my Mom's station wagon :). Assuming base timing is 10*, he has 26.5* Total timing. I firmly believe there is power left on the table here. Did you get a dyno graph from Dante? What was your A/F @?

Gufi, do you have a wideband? How much adjustability do you have with that tuner?

Lordgufi

16 deg- 17 deg isn't normal... at all.. also orange i found out if the file says 17 its 17 Period... no added 10 for the base ( its a fictional number ).

E it might look normal for a BOOSTED modular but for NA 17 deg isn't right.

run it in live link and look at the part at the end of the first 1/3rd and notice when i let off the throttle a little it gave me my timing back. it may be just because the ecu believes " oh look less throttle more spark is allowed " but i'm not so sure.

Lordgufi

16.5* spark advance @ 5500 rpm WOT is normal? Maybe for my Mom's station wagon :). Assuming base timing is 10*, he has 26.5* Total timing. I firmly believe there is power left on the table here. Did you get a dyno graph from Dante? What was your A/F @?

Gufi, do you have a wideband? How much adjustability do you have with that tuner?

I have yet to play with the tuner to attempt to add timing or mess with any thing, i do not have a wide band and its starting to look like this is the next.

I have the dyno graph and the a/f was 12.6:1 through the entire rpm band with 17 deg timing from 2500-5400

max tq 268 @ damn near 4k on the dot
max hp 5400 ( end of graph )

Lordgufi

next time sort it so you get reid of all the non WOT runs... What gear are datalogging in? 3rd gear track and 4th gear dyno..

that log.csv was 1st second and partial 3rd. i was getting up to 90 on the highway on my way to school and well traffic says no.

wasn't really given a chance any where to get another run in

also if you want to be able to read these sorted... open them with iether MS excel or Openoffice Spreadsheet using the comma as the separator

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
So you are telling me that this thing has 16.5* Total timing @ 5500 rpm?! That is rediculous. Something is off. The stock tune would likely be more aggressive than that.

Can you put the stock tune back in and see what the car does? Reset battery and disconnect tuner or whatever you have to do?

Why not unplug o2 harness and see what the car does @ WOT?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I have yet to play with the tuner to attempt to add timing or mess with any thing, i do not have a wide band and its starting to look like this is the next.

I have the dyno graph and the a/f was 12.6:1 through the entire rpm band with 17 deg timing from 2500-5400

Datalog the Analog 1 located in your analog file that is your A/F no gauge needed...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator

So what total advance on 91 octane is safe at 5500?

boostedmach

If you really need a wide band, My LM1 can be taken out, and if you have a spare bung you could use it to datalog.

-boosted

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
If the car makes more power @ 12.6 A/F so be it, but at least try to lean it out more and see what happens. then you can back it off later if need be. 13.0-13.2 is still perfectly safe for an N/A car.

I guess at this point you people have no one to blame but yourselves. There is plenty of doubt from most, yet everyone still tries their luck. Everyone is afraid to make a 2 hour trip, but piss and moan after spending countless hours distraught over the results from Mr. Conservative. :nonono:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
17-18* is what 02gt's car is at with a "Mr. Conservative" blower tune on meth!! So an N/A car with less timing than a blower car on meth is normal? Once again :lol:

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
If the car makes more power @ 12.6 A/F so be it, but at least try to lean it out more and see what happens. then you can back it off later if need be. 13.0-13.2 is still perfectly safe for an N/A car.

I guess at this point you people have no one to blame but yourselves. There is plenty of doubt from most, yet everyone still tries their luck. Everyone is afraid to make a 2 hour trip, but piss and moan after spending countless hours distraught over the results from Mr. Conservative. :nonono:

I am done.

Quite beeing a little trick and answer the questions.. Some of us are trying to learn something here. And when you flood the forums with bs it hard to take you serious. That is why your have the Tech Tool by your name is to help out... There are many controversy over Total timing vs. static timing. I remember when I was running my 5.0 I would run timing between 12 and 16 degrees static advance but what does this get me in total advance? Now, The EEC adds 15-16 degrees of timing to the base timing. So if base is 10 degrees plus the EEC of 16 , total advance during WOT should be about 25-26degrees. There are certain EEC's out there with more aggressive timing/fuel maps in their. Do you know what is added to the new cars and not the A9L / A9P ?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Quite beeing a little trick and answer the questions.. Some of us are trying to learn something here. And when you flood the forums with bs it hard to take you serious. That is why your have the Tech Tool by your name is to help out... There are many controversy over Total timing vs. static timing. I remember when I was running my 5.0 I would run timing between 12 and 16 degrees static advance but what does this get me in total advance? Now, The EEC adds 15-16 degrees of timing to the base timing. So if base is 10 degrees plus the EEC of 16 , total advance during WOT should be about 25-26degrees. There are certain EEC's out there with more aggressive timing/fuel maps in their. Do you know what is added to the new cars and not the A9L / A9P ?

Hardly BS. If would have read Gufi's post he said that he found out that the timing shown on his tuner is TOTAL TIMING, which means the advance is included.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
If there is not a WIDEBAND on the car that thing cannot give you an accurate A/F ratio. PERIOD.

(Analog to Digital) just cause your A/F reads digital number that is easy to read, doesn't mean you can get an accurate A/F from tables given in live link..