• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Feb 25, 2012] Chuckwalla Race Day Feb 25th & 26th (Desert Center, CA)

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Update!!!
There is a company starting a small california racing series that will be there on saturday. I have decided that, as long as they allow passengers that I will be racing in the series. It is time attack so no worries about have to do any door to door racing. I have to say that last time I went, it was the most exciting experience ever. Details of the series are below.

There will likely be just two run groups - an "open passing"
group, which will be for the more experienced guys, and a "pass by
point-by" group for the rest of us. With only two groups, we should be on
the track for at least 3 or 4 sessions in the morning and the same in the
afternoon.

It is your best single lap time of the day that will count toward the
standings for the event, not your cumulative time. So if you have a
couple of laps where traffic is an issue, or you make a mistake don't
worry about it. You should have plenty of time to run several good, clean
laps.

Run groups scheduled for that day. The object is to run the best lap
time of the day within your division - and have a blast doing it. Those who
run at Chuckwalla will have a leg up on their competitors for the
year-end championships. You will also get two sets of our vinyl numbers, so you can leave the
blue tape at home. And you will be in the running for prizes given to the
division winners at each event, and the year-end championship awards. We
hope to be able to announce the addition of a big-name sponsor for
the Series. If they do sign on, there will be even more "perks" for those
who participate. Feel free to call me with any questions or comments. It looks like
there will be at least a couple Camaro guys at Chuckwalla.
And most importantly - have fun! If you have not done this before, I can
tell you that it is an absolute blast! Sure, it's a friendly competition,
but try not to get too wrapped up in that. We're all there just to have a
great time.
$180.00 made out to Angelwings Tech to our business address: Angelwings
Tech, PO Box 2186, Spring Valley, CA 91979. If we end up with 9 or more,
I'll refund you the difference at the track. Payments need to be sent by FEB 10th

We'll be going under Star Car Sports' itinerary for the day. If you look
at this link, it should give you an idea of the schedule:
http://www.starcarsports.com/requirements

Craig Moya, Principal
Angelwings Tech
Rollbars and Track Day Essentials
PO Box 2186
Spring Valley, CA 91979
ofc. 619-295-1985
fax 619-295-1986
cell 619-723-2020
www.angelwingstech.com

Boltvette

Saturday Feb. 25th at Chuckwalla is the first event of the Angelwings Tech Extreme Speed Pony Cat Track Day Series for 2012. Join us and you'll not only get a discount on the registration and transponder, you will also be in the running for additional discounts and awards. Email me at craig@angelwingstech.com for the full series schedule, the division definitions and the list of "perks".

Boltvette

Saturday Feb. 25th at Chuckwalla is the first event of the Angelwings Tech Extreme Speed Pony Cat Track Day Series for 2012. Join us and you'll not only get a discount on the registration and transponder, you will also be in the running for additional discounts and awards. Email me at craig@angelwingstech.com for the full series schedule, the division definitions and the list of "perks".

Sorry, that's "Pony CAR".

2K7GTCS

I am really looking forward to getting back out there. Even thinking about joining the Series, just for the one event. It would be awesome to have the transponder to get accurate lap times!

I encourage anyone who is considering this to try it at least once. It's the safe and fun way to drive your car to the limit.

I plan to meet with Ethan soon, so we can work out the details.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I'm debating about going up there friday night so that we can get a trailer, can you ask how much it would be to rent a trailer?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Only a few days left to sign up at a better price, if you do not wish to race Saturday you can also go www.starcarsports.com and sign up for sunday.

Boltvette

Glad to hear there will be a couple of Wicked Stangs joining us! It's not too late to get in on the fun. But I do need to get a check from you ASAP. I'm writing a check to Star Car Sports on Monday to ensure that we get our discount. If we get to 10 participants, the cost drops to $150. Thanks for the bump Ethan!

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
No problem, I'll be sending you a check tommorow morning for it. I'm looking forward to getting out and racing, thanks a lot for the info.

Looks like i'll be dropping out from this run. gotta head upstate or Arizona that weekend. I have hard decisions to make..........:(

2K7GTCS

I was looking forward to this, but I will not be able to fit it in to my schedule, or my budget. Sure, it's a good deal (especially with the transponder), but what can I say? I have other interests...

Boltvette

We are at 8 participants now, but only 2 Mustangs. The next one to register will get us down to $165, and with two more, we'll be at just $150! But I need to hear from you now! Email me at craig@angelwingstech.com. The weather forecast is sunny and 72 - perfect for a track day.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Alright everybody, the plan was that I was going to drive up friday night because I have to be there by 7:00am on saturday, so I figured this way would be easier, who was all planning to come and watch?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Jared and I are talking about going out to watch on Saturday. Are you planning to go?

I'm waiting on a confirmation on a plan this weekend if they decide its going to be Saturday or Sunday. If its Sunday, most likely I'll go out with you guys.

So how goes it? In Arizona and I picked up a GT500 rear valance for half the cost I was quoted at a dealership in San Diego and still less than from new takoff.com shipped. I keep scoring at Camelback Ford. First my car now this. The hits keep coming.